Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Jira connector

mosesnenpa1
5 - Atom

Hello,

I have used Alteryx for about a year now but i just encountered a new issue which had to do with creating a JIRA connector for my workflow. I found some instructions online the said i needed to download a JIRA connector, that i did download and import the workflow package, relaunched my Alteryx designer but I still cant find the JIRA connector in my connectors. Has anyone done something similar to this before? Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks  

17 REPLIES 17
MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

@mosesnenpa1 

The JIRA connector is an Alteryx macro (*.yxmc file). When you import the package you downloaded from Alteryx Gallery, this will create a directory on your computer with two files

jira.png

In order to use the connector in your workflow, right-click anywhere on the canvas and choose to insert a macro from the directory that contains the JIRA macro.

insert-macro.png

jira-macro.png

An alternative would be to add all the additionally downloaded macros into a directory and map this via User settings as described here. This way the macros appear within the tool palette just like any other Alteryx tools.

mosesnenpa1
5 - Atom

Thanks for your response MichalM. So when i follow the steps in your response i get a JIRA interactive Mocaro connector ( as per the attachment) instead of an actual JIRA connector. Could i have missed a step in the initial process?

Thanks 

MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

Have you downloaded the package from this link?

https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/JIRA-Connector/58d87c2feffc2a0dd0b5ed8f

mosesnenpa1
5 - Atom

Oh! That's not the one i downloaded. This link you sent me just worked.

Thanks man i really appreciate you 🙂

MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

No worries! Happy to help.

mosesnenpa1
5 - Atom

Hey MichalM,

So I was able to get the connector to appear on my canvas but i can't get it to connect to the JIRA instances. I tried using my credentials and also tried using admins but still wasn't able to connect and am assuming it has to do with the connector not working. Did you ever encounter this issue?

MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

When you say you can't get it to connect, what do you actually mean? What is the error that you get?

amcnally
6 - Meteoroid

I'm having the same issues.  I am using my JIRA  API login and password, and I can access it when using the Python tool without any issues, but when I attempt to use either the JIRA Connector or the JIRA Iterative Macro Tool, I get an Authentication error.

Error: Jira Iterative Macro Connector (1): Iteration #1: Tool #94: JIRA API error --> HTTP/1.1 401
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2020 16:18:41 GMT
Content-Type: text/html;charset=utf-8
Content-Length: 3305
Connection: keep-alive
X-AREQUESTID: 978x4845735x1
X-XSS-Protection: 1; mode=block
X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN
Content-Security-Policy: frame-ancestors 'self'
Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=9D23A532F1740F9BFCBD3A05A049ED15; Path=/; Secure; HttpOnly
X-ASEN: SEN-14332756
X-Seraph-LoginReason: AUTHENTICATED_FAILED
WWW-Authenticate: OAuth realm="https%3A%2F%2Fjira.removedforprivacy.com"
X-ASESSIONID: 1yufvuo

SDB40
7 - Meteor

You are sure you are using the same API URL and Token?

The iterative connector requires the text file to be updated with your specific api and token.  I originally created the Iterative one based of the basic one.  PM and I will try to respond when I can.

I would assume the basic connector requires this same information as well but not in a text file if i recall correctly.

Labels