Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Connect Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Connect.
SOLVED

Alteryx Connect Tableau Loader Schema

P3t3r
5 - Atom

Hello,

I am using Alteryx sample loader for Tableau, But the workflow only adds data until the 'sites' level. The projects are blank.

Does a document exist showing what fields are madatory when sending the json request to connect.

This will help me see if there are fields missing in the request am parsing. The Sample Tableau Loader doesnt work for me

Best,

P3t3r

3 REPLIES 3
PetrH
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @P3t3r 

When the sync process start to create assets in Connect, it uses the same "stage" table for all 3 main objects in hierarchy, 

Tableau server, sites and projects. Its STD_XFORMS.TBL_PROJECTS. So while having server and sites the projects should be there too.
Worth to try to observe any errors in connect_catalina log and also designer log while running loader.

I would also make sure that there not any version discrepancies (Connect, Tableau loader and Designer who is executing the loader) btw what version you have?

and FYI this is my content of TBL_PROJECTS.. 

PetrH_0-1616062845707.png

While we have enought data to beggin, I suggest to open support ticket, and we can help.

Petr

P3t3r
5 - Atom

Thanks for your reply.

I am using

connect version v20-3-7-20200812.124926-git.0aff47f4

Workflow used: Tableau_Loader

Alteryx server version 2020.1.5.25447

Also I can confirm that my STD_XFORMS.TBL_PROJECTS  table looks as correct as yours.

Even though the I do not have projects on Connect

PetrH
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @P3t3r 

I see discrepancies in version. They might cause problems.

Please use the same version for designer(server), Connect, and loaders.

The loader version is not clear from your description. The version you can observe, if you install Connect laoders exe, and go in designer to help / sample workflows / Alteryx Connect metadata loaders / Tableua Loader Each loader has the version displayed on canvas or in interdace window. 

PetrH_0-1616439877550.png

If the fixing of the versions does not help, please log the support ticket and provide desigler log from loader run and also the connect catalina log.

This should be good start for the case resolution.

With best regards,

Petr