Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Connect Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Connect.
SOLVED

Alteryx Connect Configuration Error

BigData1989
6 - Meteoroid

Hello all,

I'm working through a couple errors in connect currently and have hit a wall. 

First, I am receiving this error in the connect configuration tab, under Alteryx Gallery. After I have entered all the necessary information including the passwords, I get this error:  

An error occurred while automatically trying to obtain gallery keys
Gallery user password is empty or not specified in configuration...

Second, there is an issue where when I use the alteryx metadata loader, it doesn't bring in all of the workflows from alteryx gallery. Some are still missing in connect.

If anyone has any solutions or have seen these issues before, I would love to hear any suggestions at all. 

7 REPLIES 7
OndrejC
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @BigData1989 ,

Could you pls check following settings:

• in your Gallery: Settings - Keys - Admin API (API Enabled: Yes)
  • In Connect Settings - you have both password fields filled in (1 for Gallery, 1 for Connect)

Which version of Connect are you currently running?

Ondrej

Connect Team

BigData1989
6 - Meteoroid

Hello @Ondrejc,

Our Admin API is enabled and yes, both passwords are filled in.

The version we are on is 2019.3

OndrejC
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @BigData1989 ,

one  thing which comes to my mind is to check log files of the server and also Connect.

Plus investigate if there is no firewall between Connect and Server preventing these two to communicate.

If this will not help I would like to suggest you to contact our customer support and have a look on that with them or have them schedule a call with our team to debug what's happening there.

thx,

Ondrej

BigData1989
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for your help.

I'll get started on checking the logs.

kenpei1
5 - Atom

We currently have 5 workflows in Server. Four show up properly in Connect and one does not. This is the error in the Connect log that shows the 1 workflow that did not get loaded into Connect:

[http-nio-80-exec-3] ERROR cz.semanta.xf3.sync.SyncService - Failed to sync Entry{name=...

The error by itself doesn't mean much to us and I don't find this workflow mentioned again in the log. Is there something else we should be looking at in the log or is there somewhere else we should look to help identify why this one workflow is not syncing.

VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @kenpei1 ,

the first potential reason that comes to my mind is duplicity in workflows name - Server lets you to have multiple workflows of the same name, while Connect does not and thus loads only the first one. Is it possible that this might be the reason? 

Vojta T., PM for Data Connectors
Try our Beta data connectors at https://bit.ly/3Ae8HgY
BigData1989
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I continued to test and finally think I figured out why the model wasn't showing. All I did was remove the insight tools from the workflow and the model showed up in connect. Not sure if this was causing it to show up as just an insight in connect or it caused some error when we pushed the gallery workflows to connect.

We still have one workflow that refuses to show the database output in the workflow's nexus, however. Still need to figure that one out

Thanks for the help.