Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Maveryx Community Resources

Get up-and-running on the Community and with Alteryx in record time.

Posting Messages

TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Created

Table Of Contents:

How do I post on the Community?

There are two ways post a message:

From the home page:

1. Select Ask a Question
  2. Select which board you would like to post your message.
  3. Fill in the Subject and Message feilds. If necessary, attach your workflow with sample data.

From discussion boards:

1. Click the New Message link.
  2. In the Subject field, enter your message title.
    Tip: Make your subject clear and concise, as it's the only part of the message that shows up on the message feed.
  3. In the Body field, type your message. Be sure to include all necessary details, especially for technical topics. Please DO NOT include proprietary data or information on the Alteryx Community. Use sample data for posting.
  4. Format and spell check your message, as needed.
  5. Click Submit Post.

For more information How to Post, Get Answers Fast

How do I edit my post?

Once you post to the community, you can make edits to your post for 24 hours. Once that 24 hour time period has elapsed, you will need to request any further edits to be made by Notifying the Community Team.

How do I reply to a message?

Click Reply to respond to a particular post.
The Reply Message screen is similar to the Post Message screen, with these differences:

• When you reply to a post, the subject line is filled in automatically. You can change it if you want.
  • You can paste the message to which you are replying into the body of your reply by clicking the quotes (“) in the taskbar.

Your reply is added to the existing thread. It won't create a new thread.

Can I create "canned" or "boilerplate" responses?

Yes. You can use macros to create a "canned" or " boilerplate" response (also known as a pre-made response) that you can paste into any message. You can create up to 9 macros.
To set up a macro for boilerplate text:

1. Sign in to the community.
  2. Go to My Settings > Macros.
  3. Enter a short but memorable name in the Macro Title field.
  4. In the Macro box, enter your boilerplate text.
  5. Click Save.

Tip: To add text at the bottom of your posts, you can include that text as part of your signature instead of using a macro.
To add your boilerplate text to a post:

1. Go to a post.
  2. In the comment area, place your cursor where you want to add the boilerplate text.
  3. Open the Macros menu and select the macro you want to add.

Finding Spam

If you happen to find a piece of content that seems to be spam. Select the ellipses (...) on the right hand side of the post. You can then choose “Mark as Spam” and our team of Moderators will be alerted. We would appreciate your help in keeping our Community as clean as possible.

Notifying the Community Team

If for any reason you need assistance with a post that you have written and posted you can use the “Notify Moderator” Option. Select the ellipses (...) on the right hand side of the post. You can then choose “Notify Moderator” and our team of Moderators will be alerted and will assist you as soon as possible. If you are having account issues or seeing issues with the site, please email community@alteryx.com and a support ticket will be created for you.

Comments
Anasitani
6 - Meteoroid

thanks

Samantha_Jayne
Alteryx
Alteryx

Whoop, I have just learned about templates thanks to this, I'm off to find it and design some :)

Samantha_Jayne
Alteryx
Alteryx

And the Max is now 25 Macros you can set up. Fantastic. :D

eliaskurian
6 - Meteoroid

Team, 
Sorry if am asking in the wrong thread. 

How do I tag someone in the comment section? Typint '@' followed by the username is not working for me.