Maveryx Community Resources

Get up-and-running on the Community and with Alteryx in record time.

My Alteryx - Single Sign-On FAQ

TreyW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Created

This page documents processes and FAQs related to My Alteryx, our Single Sign-On (SSO) platform. We have attached step-by-step guides to help you activate your account, sign in, and update your profile. We’ve also provided answers to some key questions around My Alteryx.

1. Open your activation email from no-reply@myalteryx.alteryx.com and select ‘Complete Account Setup.’ The email should look like the screenshot below. Click the green button to continue. Please go to step 3 in this guide if you cannot find your email or if the link has expired.

TreyW_0-1615412216466.png

2. Next, you will need to enter a password to use for your My Alteryx account. The green button in the activation email will take you to the page below where you can enter and confirm your password.

TreyW_1-1615412216479.png

3. Once you set your new password, you will be re-directed to an application (i.e., Beta Program on 3/17, or Community in April). 

Password must be at least 12 characters long, and contain 3 out of 4 of the following: lowercase, uppercase, digits, and one of more of the following symbols @ # $ % ^ & * - _ + = [ ] { } | : ' , ? / ` ~ ' ( ) ; .

If it has been more than 7 days since you received your activation email, then you will need to follow different setup steps to activate your My Alteryx account. Start by going to any Alteryx application and clicking ‘sign in.’

sign in.png

4. Once you click ‘sign in’ from one of our Alteryx applications, you should see the page below. In order to activate your account, you will need to select the ‘Forgot Password’ link just below the ‘Sign In’ button.

sign in.png

5. Next, you will need to enter your email address on the page below and click ‘Send Verification Code.’ Please be sure to enter the email address you previously used for your Alteryx application.

change pw_verify email.png

6. As you might have guessed, your next step is to go to your email inbox in a new tab and open the email from no-reply@myalteryx.alteryx.com . It should look like the email below. Copy down the 6-digit code in the email – you will use this in the next step.

confirm email.png

7. Now, return to the password reset tab and enter the 6-digit code from your email. The page should look like the one below. Once you enter your code, select ‘Verify Code’ to move on. If your code has expired, you can also send a new code to your email.

verify code.png

8. Now that you have verified your identity, you can enter and confirm a new password. Once you submit your new password, you will be re-directed to your application.

new password.png

Changing Your Password

If you are having trouble remembering your My Alteryx password and can’t log in, follow the steps below to update your password.

1. If you are having trouble signing in, select the ‘Forgot Password’ button on the sign-in page below.

sign in.png

2. Next, you will need to enter your email address on the page below and click ‘Send Verification Code.’ Please be sure to enter the email address associated with your My Alteryx account.

change pw_verify email.png

3. Your next step is to go to your email inbox in a new tab and open the email from no-reply@myalteryx.alteryx.com . It should look like the email below. Copy down the 6-digit code in the email – you will use this in the next step.

confirm email.png

4. Now, return to the password reset tab and enter the 6-digit code from your email. The page should look like the one below. Once you enter your code, select ‘Verify Code’ to move on. If your code has expired, you can also send a new code to your email.

verify code.png

5. Now that you have verified your identity, you can enter and confirm a new password. Once you submit your new password, you will be signed in and taken to the application you are trying to access.

new password.png

Changing Your Email Address

If you move jobs or otherwise need to change the email address you use for My Alteryx, follow the steps below to change it. Keep in mind, however, that many of our applications rely on your email address to determine whether you have access to them. Changing your email address will require you to re-establish access to many of our applications by verifying a valid License Key. This is not the case for Alteryx Community – your Community account will stay with you after you change your email address.

1. First you will need to navigate to your My Alteryx profile. You can do this by going to https://my.alteryx.com and clicking on your profile in the upper right and selecting 'Preferences'.

2. Once you reach the My Alteryx profile, click the link to ‘Change Email.’ You can see the disclaimer about losing access to Alteryx applications at the bottom of the profile page below.

Screen Shot 2023-12-29 at 1.44.45 PM.png

3. Next you will need to complete MFA verification. You can do this with your current email address, or with your phone if you have phone-based MFA enabled. Select the MFA method, then follow the steps to receive and verify a code.

4. Once you complete MFA, you will see the page below. Enter your new email address here, and follow the steps to verify this new email address. Verifying your new email address is similar to completing MFA verification – you will receive an email with a code you need to enter.

change email.png

5. Once you complete MFA verification with your new email address, you will be returned to the profile page, and your email address will be updated. 

Changing Your Profile Information

You can update your profile information, such as your first name, job title, or display name at any time from the My Alteryx profile. Follow the steps below to do so.

1. First you will need to navigate to your My Alteryx profile. You can do this by going to https://my.alteryx.com or by navigating through links within Alteryx applications.

2. From the My Alteryx profile, select the ‘edit profile’ link to change your information. You can see the link on the profile page below.

profile home.png

3. You will now be taken to a page where you can edit your profile information. The page below displays your current profile information and allows you to edit any of these fields. Once you click ‘continue,’ this information will be saved. Your applications will update with the new information the next time you sign in to them.

profile edit.png

Changing Phone-Based Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)

By default, we use your email address and/or phone number to verify your identity when you make a major change to your profile or log in from a new device. You can follow the steps below to change the phone-based MFA linked to your profile.

1. First you will need to navigate to your My Alteryx profile. You can do this by going to https://my.alteryx.com or by navigating through links within Alteryx applications.

2. From the My Alteryx profile, select the ‘change or add MFA phone number’ link to add phone verification or update your phone number. You can see the link on the profile page below.

profile home.png

3. Before changing your phone number for phone-based MFA, you will need to verify your identity either via email or phone, if you already have phone enabled.

4. Once you verify the 6-digit code from your email or phone, you will be taken to a page where you can enter the phone number you would like to use for MFA. Once you enter your phone number, you can confirm it by either verifying a 6-digit code via text or answering a quick phone call. The page below shows where you enter your phone number and select your verification method.

add phone mfa.png

5. Once you verify your phone number, you will be taken back to your My Alteryx profile. Now, you can use your phone number to verify your identity when updating your profile or logging in from a new device.

Frequently Asked Questions:

What Applications Are Accessed Through My Alteryx?

At first, only the Alteryx Beta Program will be accessed through My Alteryx. Alteryx Community, Licensing and Downloads Portal, and Partner Portal will be added to My Alteryx about a month after the Beta Program. If you are a user of any of these applications, you will receive an email before they are launched notifying you of the upcoming change. Other Alteryx applications and products are not part of My Alteryx at this time but can be added later on. Please note that you will not be able to sign in to Alteryx Gallery through My Alteryx - you will need to maintain separate credentials to access that system. Gallery is not planned to be added to My.Alteryx apps. 

How Does My Alteryx Relate to Gallery?

The gallery is the current login system for Alteryx Community and the Licensing and Downloads Portal. When those applications are brought onto My Alteryx, Gallery will no longer be used for log in to those applications. Active users in these applications will be given an account in My Alteryx and will retain all their application and profile data, but will need to set a new password. At that time, all sign-in and registration links in Alteryx applications will direct you to My Alteryx. If you need to access the Gallery product, you can use the Gallery sign-in page as you did before – this will not be impacted by My Alteryx.

I Have Accounts In Multiple Alteryx Applications. What Will Happen When My Alteryx Is Launched?

When an application is brought onto My Alteryx, we will create and update accounts in My Alteryx based on active profiles in that application. For the initial launch of My Alteryx with the Alteryx Beta Program, all Beta Program users will be added to My Alteryx and will receive an email asking them to set a new password. When subsequent applications are launched on My Alteryx, users of those applications will be uploaded into My Alteryx. Each unique email address used to log in to Alteryx applications today will result in a single My Alteryx account. Let’s run through some scenarios.

If you currently access the Alteryx Beta Program, Community, and Licensing and Downloads Portal using the same email address (customer@business.com), then you will be able to access each of those applications with one My Alteryx account. This account will be created when My Alteryx is launched with the Beta Program, and access to Community and the Licensing and Downloads Portal will be added when those applications are brought on to My Alteryx. You will need to set a password on this account in order to activate it.

If you currently access Community and the Licensing and Downloads Portal using the same email address (customer2@business.com), then you will be able to access both those applications with one My Alteryx account. This account will be created when Community and the Licensing and Downloads Portal are brought on to My Alteryx and will need to be activated by setting a password.

If you currently use different email addresses to access Community and the Licensing Portal, then you will have two different My Alteryx accounts created when those applications are brought on to My Alteryx. One account will be used to access Community, and the other for the Licensing Portal. We are investigating ways to allow you to merge these accounts, but this is not a supported feature at this time.

What Is Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)? How Is It Used By My Alteryx?

Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) is a security feature that protects against compromised credentials. When MFA is enabled in a login system, then users may be required to both enter a valid email address and password and then confirm that they own a device associated with the account they are trying to access. This adds significant protection against stolen credentials since a hacker or other bad actor would need access to their target’s email inbox or text messages, in addition to their email address and password.

By default, your My Alteryx account will use your email address as this second ‘factor’ when you are activated. You can add a phone as an option at any time from the My Alteryx profile. If you add a phone as an option, you will need to enter your phone number and then either confirm a code sent via SMS or answer a phone call.

I'm having trouble receiving emails from My Alteryx. What can I do to fix this?

My Alteryx will send you various emails related to the system from 'no-reply@myalteryx.alteryx.com.' These emails may be related to our migration or triggered by user activity, such as multi-factor authentication or password resets. If you experience any issues receiving these emails in your inbox, it is likely due to your inbox rules or company email policy. Please take the following steps to alleviate this issue:
  1. Search from emails from 'no-reply@myalteryx.alteryx.com.' If you find the emails in a different folder, you can add 'no-reply@myalteryx.alteryx.com' as an approved sender or create an inbox rule
  2. If you receive these emails after delays or cannot find them at all, please ask your IT team to whitelist 'no-reply@myalteryx.alteryx.com.'
  3. If neither of these steps fix the issue, please submit a Customer Support case through Mission Control.

I clicked the My Alteryx Log-In email but got redirect to a 'Page Not Found'. What do I do?

While not common, some email links can hit a Page Not Found for a number of reasons. The best way to resolve this is to complete the following steps.

1. Click Sign-In in the upper right-hand corner of the Alteryx Community.

2. On the Sign-In page select 'Forgot Password'.

true (1).jfif

1. Follow the step provided:

1. Input your Email

2. Input the Verification Code sent to your Email

3. Reset Your Password

2. Once done, you should be logged in!

I'm Having Trouble Registering For The Beta Program. How Do I Pass The License Key Verification Step?

The Alteryx Beta Program requires that users are licensed, Alteryx customers. If you are an existing user of the Alteryx Beta Program or Licensing Portal, then you will automatically be granted access to the Beta Program. Additionally, if you are a new user and you activate your license, either through the product or through My Alteryx, then you will be granted access to the Beta Program.

If you are a new customer and you attempt to access the Beta Program either before activating your license key or before the Licensing Portal is added to My Alteryx, then you will be prompted to enter your license key when attempting to reach the Beta Program. If you see an error during this step, you will need to verify two things. First, if you have activated your license key previously, confirm that the email address associated with your My Alteryx account matches the email address used to activate your license key. If these do not match, then you will need to either activate your license key again using the My Alteryx email or change your My Alteryx email. If you have not activated your license key previously, then go to https://licenses.alteryx.com and activate your license key. Make sure you use the same email address as the one in My Alteryx.

I want to close my Community Profile. How do I do this?

Your Community profile is tied to your My Alteryx account. If you wish to close your Community profile, you will need to follow the below steps to close your My Alteryx account.

1. Navigate to My.alteryx.com, or click on the “My Alteryx Settings” from the Community dropdown.
  2. When at My.alteryx.com, choose the option “Delete Account”
  3. Complete the Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) to confirm your ownership.
  4. Re-enter your email address. At this step you will be notified that the process is IRREVERSIBLE, we cannot reinstate access to your My Alteryx account once you choose to delete.
  5. Click on Delete Account.

At this point, you will have deleted both your My Alteryx account and the Community profile associated with it.

Comments
jcass
5 - Atom

The self service function for updating my phone number doesn't appear to work. I have authenticated using verification code my email but the "change phone number" screen does not accept my phone number, or will not send a code to my phone to verify the device.

TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @jcass,

Can you please reach out to Support either via the Case Portal, or by emailing Support@alteryx.com?

They will be able to assist you directly with troubleshooting the verification email issue.

Thanks!
TrevorS

ks4050kt
8 - Asteroid

I want to change my email adress and phone number of my profile, but the phone already out of contact, email adress has been company email adress, but I already resigned.

This email adress and phone number changing requrie any of authorization code input such as SMS or email,,, how can I change my email adress and/or phone number with current situation.

DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@ks4050kt please email community@alteryx.com and we can get you back up and running.

Danial_Nawab
7 - Meteor

Would I be able to access Partner Portal if I changed my email to my personal email as the previous email was associated with the last company I worked at but I am no longer a part of? I am still connected with them on a contractual basis but not a full time employee. 

Ivneet_Singh
5 - Atom

Hi, I have downloaded Alteryx for free trail version and I am facing an issue regarding registration. At last step, I am getting below pop-up:

Ivneet_Singh_0-1681906675328.png

If I select "Continue Registration", registration process will start from scratch or if I select "Exit", Alteryx will close with this pop-up and I have start registration process from scratch again. I also tried to cancel this pop-up but unable to do so.

Please suggest solution for same.

SENDE
5 - Atom

hlw..!

I failed to get License Key Verification. hlp me how to get that key

Roxana_Peruyero
5 - Atom

I don´t have the key license. Please help me. 

Roxana_Peruyero
5 - Atom

Don´t  acept me the key license that is Trial. Please help me. Tell me how can I do it for download the predictive tools to my Alteryx version program.

mandar_akhare
5 - Atom
Dear Alteryx Support Team,

Reaching out to you to know if the digital badge is issued via Credly. 
As per Credly team, advised to reach out to certification@alteryx.com.

With Regards, 
Mandar Akhare
michaeldosse
5 - Atom

Hi Alteryx Support Team,

I'd like to register for the Core certification exam; and my understanding is that I need a log-in number to be able to register for the exam. How to go about getting the number please?

By the way, I only have access to Alteryx temporarily (i.e. the free access for 30 days, which is expiring tomorrow, judging by the automated email I received last week).

Please advise.

Regards

Michael (michaeldosse@yahoo.co.uk)