We're excited to announce that we'll be partnering with Credly starting October 19th - see what this means and read the announcement blog here!

Alteryx Community Resources

Get up-and-running on the Community and with Alteryx in record time.

How To: Use Case Portal

SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx
Created

How To: Use Case Portal

The Alteryx Case Portal has been updated as the primary channel for submitting cases to the Customer Support team.

Here are some of the awesome features and benefits:

• You can open new Support cases within the Portal, and with the proper categories and details filled out, your case will be poised to move through our process as quickly as possible.
  • In addition to opening new cases, Case Portal shows open cases and their current status. Closed cases are visible too!

Article Sections

Navigating the Case Portal

image.png
You can access the Case Portal from the Alteryx Support Page, scrolling down to the Contact Us section and clicking "View Your Cases. " You can also bookmark this link for quicker access.

1. Views - A sortable and filterable table view of your cases.
    • My Open Cases view - Displays the cases currently in Open status, meaning a Support Engineer is actively working on them. These statuses include:
      • Open, Pending Internal, Pending Customer, On Hold
    • My Closed Cases view - Displays cases are in a Closed status, meaning they are not actively engaged with a Support Engineer. These statuses include:
      • Resolved, Closed, Accepted Defect
    • My Orgs Open Cases view - Displays the cases that are currently in Open status across your organization.
    • My Orgs Closed Cases view - Displays the cases that are currently in Closed status across your organization.

How to Submit a Case

image.png

1. Navigate to Case Portal either:
    1. From the main Support Page,> scroll to the "Contact Us" section and click "Create Support Case."
  2. Alternatively, from the Case Portal Home page, select Create Support Case in the upper right hand.
  3. Select the Product, Software Version, Case Category, Sub-category, Case Reason, and Severity. Do not worry if you aren't exactly sure on Case Category or Case Reason - select your best guess! 
  4. Enter a Subject - the more descriptive, the better. Based on the subject, helpful knowledgebase articles will be presented to you. Please review and Like the article if it was helpful.
  5. Enter a Description, including as much detail as possible
    1. Detail on the steps that caused the issue
    2. Full error message text
    3. Screenshots (insert in the body, or attach to the case in the section below)
  6. Attach logs - To expedite your request, please attach any logs (see: How To: Attach Server Log Files), workflows, and data that may help us resolve your Case more quickly! Please don't share highly regulated or sensitive data with us. We recommend dummy data in these use cases.

Supervisor View

Case Portal also allows you to track all historical cases (Open and Closed) across your organization. At this time, only a subset of Paid Support users has this permission enabled. If you are a Paid Support customer and would like this functionality, don't hesitate to contact your Technical Account Manager.

1. Select the Case View dropdown > My Orgs Open Cases

image.png

Access Issues?

If you are having issues accessing the Case Portal, please see Alteryx Case Portal FAQs.

No ratings