Community FAQ

FAQs - User Ranks

LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Created

What are user ranks?

User ranks are a fun gamification element that incentivizes participation, rewards quality, and establishes reputation in the community. Every member of the community is assigned a rank based on their contributions.

Is there a list of the user ranks?

1 - Dark Matter     (Your journey starts here...)

2 - Matter

3 - Proton

4 - Baryon

5 - Atom

6 - Meteoroid

7 - Meteor

8 - Asteroid

9 - Comet

10 - Fireball

11 - Bolide

12 - Quasar

13 - Pulsar

14 - Magnetar

15 - Aurora

16 - Nebula

17 - Castor

18 - Pollux

19 - Altair

20 - Arcturus

21 - Polaris

22 - Nova

23 - Supernova

24 - Hypernova     (The highest achievement possible!)

What's the deal with the astronomical theme?

Your work is serious business, but your community experience doesn't have to be. The astronomical theme is light, fun, and, frankly, out of this world.

How do I earn a new rank?

User ranks are awarded based on combinations of various types of user activity in the community. In short, the more you participate, the higher a rank you will reach!

What features are unlocked with each rank?

While we won't spoil all of the surprises heading your way, there are a few key features worth highlighting:

• The private messenger feature is enabled when you reach Matter level status.
  • As soon as you reach Meteoroid status, you have the ability to at-mention fellow community members in your posts.

What are the criteria for each rank? 

It wouldn't be nearly as fun if we told you!

Where does my rank display?

Your rank will display on your profile page, on each post you make, and your profile hover card.

I've seen users with ranks that aren't on the list above. What gives?

It's true. Some folks - Alteryx employees and partners, to name a few - have custom ranks so that you'll always know who you're interacting with.

Comments
PhD_Student_AZ
5 - Atom

Love the user ranks, especially not disclosing how one advances in the user ranks! Why so serious? If you on this great community site on a Saturday or Sunday, you probably work too hard and need some levity. Awesome sauce!

So true...So true...

PhD_Student_AZ
5 - Atom

Statistiken, 

Die einzige Wissenschaft, worin zwei Experten, unter Verwendung des genau gleichen Satzes von Daten erkannten, kommt möglicherweise zu vollständig gegenüber von Schlussfolgerungen

statistics-4.jpg

Nezlin
5 - Atom

Thankyou! Pretty helpful for newbies to the community! :D

cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

This is extremely helpful! I have been on the community for a while and figured that it was some sort of ranking system, but this is helped make it very clear!

destige
5 - Atom
Interesting - just became a matter!
ericwahl
6 - Meteoroid
Thank you, I have been wondering about what all the levels were and what triggers the changes. Do the color bands in the above post denote different tiers of "unlocked benefits?"
VLaberge
5 - Atom

Thank you -  very useful !

Saifulhadi
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for the info

SimonaO
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

It explains it all..! thank you :) 

Deliverance
7 - Meteor

It would be more cool than the Aurora borealis if we could click on the ranks above and see all the users which have attained each enlightened level!

Manjunath
8 - Asteroid

Wow, Pretty helpful post on the ranks!

KN82000
6 - Meteoroid

That was helpful but what is the metric behind? Can you be more transparent on this?

Clear
5 - Atom

Lots of atoms in the house.

Deevi
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for sharing, quite helpful! 🙂

akwadi91
5 - Atom

Thanks for sharing! 

MichaD
8 - Asteroid

Is it only about participation in the community, the more you contribute, the higher you get or is taking lessons in the Academy also considered?

anishm
5 - Atom

Thank you! This is helpful.

loganmjung
7 - Meteor

So far I'm loving the ranking system. It has been incentizing me to engage with the community and in turn allowing me to learn the nuances of the tool.

Haroonanalytics
7 - Meteor

Thank you, now I know what I should be aiming at!

terry10
11 - Bolide

@LeahK  (I just learned I could at-mention from reading this post.)

What is the highest level that anyone has achieved achieved so far? Just curious.

surya_0708
5 - Atom

I just joined here and I'm pretty new to this whole experience (including the community). Wonder how I'll make it to the top!

akatti
5 - Atom

Excellent idea. Regardless of what background community participants come from, gamification definitely adds a fun dimension (based on my past experience in other organizations).

Israelts
6 - Meteoroid

thanks for the information 

Israelts
6 - Meteoroid

looking for to increase my  rank 

ahpmatias
5 - Atom

That's a nice way to make it more fun. Awesome! 

haravez
5 - Atom

I have received some rank up and I didn´t expect that.. What a nice surprise and experience the community have!

DGF
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you.

MaulikJ
5 - Atom

Thank you, totally love the ranking names! Just began my journey in this community, looking forward to lots of learning and fun!

cc000072
8 - Asteroid

Is there any criteria to pass next user ranking?

bymadisonross
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for sharing! Was curious if the rankings had meaning - it's cool to see you can unlock different features.

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Very cool 

mark007
8 - Asteroid

This is great! And what would also be fab is if we could see how many community members are at each level.  Do the colours for the different ranking groups signify anything?

wtimms1
5 - Atom

Thanks for the clarity! Wonder if it's been brought up, but is there the possibility to build the rankings to branch off into different areas? Would be similar to a RPG class system but you wouldn't know where you would develop to....

aditrio1
6 - Meteoroid

Very helpful! I'm glad I was able to retain my profile after changing companies too. Would be a shame to start over at "Dark Matter" :) 

mvtejano
7 - Meteor

Thanks for sharing. That's a nice way to make it more fun. Awesome! 

donaldkost
5 - Atom

This is so cool! Alteryx is amazing.

diamond4
6 - Meteoroid

Great article! I really like the structure and how it gets many of us excited 👍

DebH1
5 - Atom

Thanks!  Good to know.

sp210708
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the info

RFaltx1
5 - Atom

Helpful info!

anandakrishnan
7 - Meteor

@LeahK

Interesting!!

AHill06
7 - Meteor

Very Interesting! 

malikapaar
5 - Atom

Glad to achieve the Matter rank. Look forward to achieve higher ranks together with the community! 

👍 

malikapaar
5 - Atom

Gamifying is the much talked new kid on the block. Real nice way to incentivize the participation. Seen other systems following suit too. 

On the stats : As they say : "There are lies, damned lies and then there's Statistics. " 

Not to be taken too seriously! 

AHill06
7 - Meteor

@malikapaar congrats on achieving the new rank! 

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

It may be a little silly, but i noticed that the number of the rank is not being shown for non ACE users anymore. I personally liked more when it was.

15 - Aurora

MackStewart
8 - Asteroid

Is it possible to loose a rank if you are quiet (busy working) for a while?

JRBEAUDRY
8 - Asteroid

Nice touch ! 🌠

But what we do if we have fun at work ! that is probably too much fun all at once !! haha ! 🤖

Happy data analysing! 

CristiamManome
5 - Atom

Very helpfull! Gamification is always welcome! 🚀

Damian_WRO
7 - Meteor

Thanks for sharing!