Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Maveryx Community Resources

Get up-and-running on the Community and with Alteryx in record time.

Credly Badge Earner Guide

ThalitaC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Created

Welcome to a new way of managing your professional achievements and learning outcomes: badging, through Credly. Credly is leading the digital credential movement, making talent more visible and opportunity more accessible. 

Whether that’s entering the job market for the first time, moving forward in your existing profession, or making a career change, we’re dedicated to helping you set yourself apart by representing valuable skills unique to your experiences in a way that is sharable and verifiable.  

In this document, we’ll teach you everything you need to know about badges 

• What are badges 
  • How they can tell your professional story 

We’ll also provide step-by-step instructions for navigating Credly to manage and share your badges  

• Setting up a Credly profile 
  • Accepting/managing badges 
  • Sharing badges 

Credly was built mobile-first, so your experience with Credly will be just as good on your Android or Apple IOS mobile device as it is on a desktop computer.  

Credly is supported by modern web browsers, so if you experience any issues with the website make sure your browser is an up-to-date version – at least Internet Explorer 9, Mozilla Firefox 4, Google Chrome, or Safari 6. 

If at any time you have further questions, or are experiencing issues with your Credly account, access the Credly support forum.

What is a badge?  

Badges are digital assets used to communicate a learning achievement or credential. Credly badges link to metadata that provides context and verification. They can be shared across the Internet for maximum visibility and recognition. 

Badges are a standard to recognize and verify learning. A badge communicates three things without sacrificing verification or context: 

• Who did something? 
  • What did they do? 
  • Who says they did it? 

You can earn a badge for lots of different things, from many different organizations.  What makes the badges issued to you from Credly unique is that they represent achievements valued by employers. Badges managed through Credly will help you tell your professional story in a way that is complete and validated.  

You can share your badges with anyone you’d like, wherever you’d like: 

• LinkedIn 
  • Facebook 
  • Twitter 
  • Via email 
  • Embedded in a website 

A viewer can click on your badge and will be taken back to Credly to view all the details of your achievement.  

You can also share your complete Credly profile to provide an employer with the full context of your abilities, represented by the various badges you’ve earned and manage through the Credly platform. 

Getting Started 

There are two steps to getting started with Credly: 

• Have an organization issue you a badge 
  • Create an account and claim your badge 

Receive a badge 

How do you know if you’ve been issued a badge? You’ll receive an email from Credly that looks like this: 

ThalitaC_0-1632765693603.png

Click on the Accept button below your badge image. This will take you to Credly where you will create an account.  

Create an Account 

ThalitaC_1-1632765693899.png

Fill in each field, then read and agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. Let us know if you’d like to receive occasional messages from us. These messages will contain information to help you make the most of Credly. You can change your preferences for receiving marketing emails from Credly at any time.  

Click Create Account. 

You’ll see this message on your screen: 

ThalitaC_2-1632765693722.png

Check your email and follow the instructions there to continue. You will be prompted to sign in with the credentials you created. 

ThalitaC_3-1632765693612.png

Claim your badge  

Once you sign into your account, you will be able to claim your badge.  

ThalitaC_4-1632765693891.png

Share your badge 

Once you have accepted your badge, you can broadcast the badge directly from Credly to your social networks.  

Click an icon to connect to your social media account and easily share your badge:  

• LinkedIn Newsfeed & Profile 
  • Twitter 
  • Facebook 

You can also email the badge, download the badge image, download the code to embed your badge on a website, and copy the badge landing page URL. 

ThalitaC_5-1632765693618.png

Download PDF Certificate

Credly offers an option to download your badge certificate from within the Dashboard.

1. Find the badge you'd like to download from your Dashboard and click into the badge.

2. You'll see a "Share" option at the top of the page.

AYXAcademy_0-1636410804638.png

Next, select "Share" to see all of your badge sharing options and select the "Download Certificate" icon.

AYXAcademy_1-1636410804686.png

Personalize your profile 

Your Credly profile is an important part of telling your professional story. It’s one spot on the web where you can manage and share the achievements that will further your career, so make sure to include a few key elements: 

• Name – Is your name Katherine, but you go by Kate? Edit your name to best reflect what you’d like to be called at work.  
  • Profile picture – make sure it’s a nice one that represents you as you’d like to be viewed by potential employers. The minimum size is 196 x 196 pixels.  
  • Bio – This is where your professional personality can really shine through. You’ve got 500 characters to sketch out your key talents, qualifications and interests.  

To personalize or edit your profile, click on the Profile icon at the top right corner of any screen. Select Settings 

ThalitaC_6-1632765693621.png

Click Profile from the left sidebar menu. 

ThalitaC_7-1632765693625.png

From this page, you will be able to add a photo and a brief bio along with other details. 

ThalitaC_8-1632765693911.png

A personalized profile gives viewers a better understanding of who you are.

Browse the Talent Directory

The Talent Directory on Credly helps badge earners find jobs and connect to opportunities. It brings exposure to digital badge earners based on skills and credentials.

Recruiters and hiring managers can search for professionals who have earned specific badges.

ThalitaC_0-1633538423295.png

Badge earners can control when their profile is searchable in the talent directory on their Profile Privacy + Security.

ThalitaC_1-1633538423318.png

Comments
Ashutosh
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the detailed layout and explanation. It really helped me to get my First badge from Alteryx 

NeilFisk
9 - Comet

Thanks for posting here.  I'm waiting for a reply from Credly as I type for the Alteryx Foundation Micro-Credentials.  One question, I'm an Alteryx Innovator and would like to know how I can add this as one of my badges.  Thanks!

tejindersingh
5 - Atom

Thank you for the clarity

Rag
5 - Atom

I finish micro exam before 5 days

and right now I didn't receive the badge from Cardly.

what should I do ?

mghadshi
5 - Atom

Hey i have given my alteryx foundation micro credential exam on 16th September why havent I received it yet. Please send the link as fast as possible  certification@alteryx.com

proberson22
5 - Atom

Thank You So Much for the step-by-step process for receiving my badge.  I am looking forward to receiving the email in 48 hours.

Patricia Q. Roberson

ramesh_neel
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Any idea who would be the best person to reach out to report a MAJOR bug in Credly where its issuing incorrect certifications ( certifications that I have not even attempted )

Ndimande
5 - Atom

Thanks for the fully details on course  

ihaq04925
6 - Meteoroid

I have completed my micro foundation exam and it said I would receive an email from credly for a badge in 48 hours. It has been 3 days since I received any email from credly. Can anyone help?

LautaroG
5 - Atom

Hi! I just finished Alteryx foundation course and I accidentally put my personal email instead of the email that it's associated whit Alteryx and Credly, why should I do to solve it? 

JaiRademacher
7 - Meteor

Hello, I finished the onboarding 4 series videos and have not received my badge. Is there something else to complete?

Thanks Jai

CONREDBEALE5
Alteryx
Alteryx

Really loved the detailed layout! Very helpful!

uppari_lokesh
5 - Atom

where is the digital badge url

Sai6324
5 - Atom

I successfully passed the micro credentials foundation exam but i didn't received the badge from the credly please send me the badge as fast as you can please 

charan2003
5 - Atom

Hi Its been 3 days since I have completed the exam but i didn't recieve any credly badge.Please resolve and send me the badge.

saitej
5 - Atom

I completed my alteryx designer core exam and I passed till now I didn't get the accept mail from creddly WT should I do I had 2 days to submit it.

Bhushitha
5 - Atom

hi

rahulkale2883
5 - Atom

I have passed an Alteryx Micro exam but I didn't receive any certification email from credly. Please help me in that. Email Credly

breno-giacoppini
5 - Atom

Passei no exame Alteryx Micro, porém não recebi o bagde via email, Por favor ajudar...

my badge not receive please help

Nyk_Ton
5 - Atom

Thanks for the information. I will lookout for the mail from Credly :)

K_Kalyan_Kumar
5 - Atom

i am kalyan engineering student my badges not received pleasen send me kalyankumar8688388865@gmail.com

avinashkaja
5 - Atom
Test:Alteryx Foundation Micro-Credential
Percentage:79.5%

Duration:00:45:13
Date started:Mon 30 Oct '23 10:53
Date finished:Mon 30 Oct '23 11:39
avinashkaja
5 - Atom
Test:Alteryx Foundation Micro-Credential
Percentage:79.5%

Duration:00:45:13
Date started:Mon 30 Oct '23 10:53
Date finished:Mon 30 Oct '23 11:39

Congratulations - you passed the Alteryx Foundation Micro-Credential exam!

Next, accept your digital badge! You will be receiving an email from admin@credly.com within 48 hours. Once you receive the email, click on the link and create your Credly account. Accept your badge and start sharing! Learn more about digital badges here.

If you haven’t seen your email from Credly, be sure it wasn’t caught in your junk folder.

Use your Alteryx powers to help others by answering questions on the Discussion Boards or by joining a User Group!