This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
Whether you are a Community veteran or brand new to the Alteryx Community. We hope these 7 tips help with your Alteryx Community experience.
1. Community Guidelines - knowing the guidelines to the Alteryx Community is a great way for you to know what's allowed so that you and others play safe.
2. Explore - The Alteryx Community has something for everyone! From Developer content in to our popular Alter Everything podcast. Make sure you check out what Alteryx Community has to offer.
3. Introduce yourself to the Community - Knowing a little about you helps start relationships and bring down barriers. Tell the Community what you do, how you use Alteryx and what you would like to become an expert in. Tell us about you!
4. Like Posts - Give credit to the Community members for helping out!
5. Ask Questions - We know a lot of people come to the Community to browse and find answers without posting, but did you know that the Alteryx Community is one of the fastest responding Communities? If you post with all the appropriate Alteryx information needed, you will get a response! Our Community loves to help each other. Once you post, pass it forward by answering questions yourself.
6. Post Questions in the correct board - Our end to end platform makes analytics easy, but we've broken the platform up so that it makes it easier to organize the content. Make sure you are posting in the correct discussions boards. Each area of the platform has its own area. If you have a questions about our Designer product, then post in the Designer Discussions. If you have a question about the Alteryx Connect product, then post in the Connect Discussions, etc.
7. Provide Ample Information - Our Community of Alteryx Experts needs as much information as possible to help you as quickly as possible. Remember to add your workflow with sample data, so the Community can test. Remember, the more information you provide and the clearer you are as to what you want to accomplish will get you a faster answer. Community members use Alteryx for many reasons, but many won't know your industry or use case, but they know the tools. Example:
We hope these 7 tips provide some guidance for a great Alteryx Community experience. If you're unsure or need help, just ask the Community and we'll help you out!