Alter.Nation

Community news, customer stories, and more!
TaraM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

10_things8.pngDo you love Alteryx? Can you think of 10 things you love about it? Tell us and you can win big. The Community Team is so proud of our new platform and excited for the launch of Alteryx version 10.0, that we thought we’d share the love. Here are the contest details:

Submit a comment on this post that lists 10 things you love about Alteryx. The contest will run from September 10 until October 9, 2015. Prizes? You betcha!

• There’s a Go Pro Hero 4 at stake for the best top 10 list.
  • 10 t-shirts for the top 10 things across all submissions.
  • A special badge (like the one to the left) for anyone who puts themselves out there by entering the contest.

Entries will be judged by a qualified panel of judges from the Alteryx executive team who will evaluate each entry based on the following judging criteria:

• 50% creativity 
  • 50% votes (stars) from the Alteryx Community

Check out the official rules here.

Show us some love and Turn on your lovelight  - Let it shine. Let it shine. Let it…

Here are 10 things I love about Alteryx (I also have a thing for rhymes):

10 – The name…ALTERYX…like mine, has many pronunciations.

How do you say it? It doesn’t really matter.

It can fall like a tear or rip like a tear…

Or it can do ‘all the tricks’ -

I prefer the latter.

9 – I get to build something… as poetic as this Haiku:

Click. Drag. Drop. Connect.

Intersect spatial object.

Expect. Run. Correct.

8 – I can build it anyway I want.

So there!

7 – What I build is repeatable.

I used to have to develop by checklist.

No step could ever be missed.

Now it's ~build and run~ and then run and run…

It is this way my work is more fun!

6- What I build is improvable.

improvement.jpg

5 – When I get stuck, someone always knows the answer.

Once upon a time, when you had an Alteryx question there was just  @Ned-

He’s still here, and no one has more cred,

only now, Alteryx knowledge is more widespread.

You see, the Alteryx Community has the best and brightest heads,

posting great information, thread after thread!

4 – Regex gives (.*) -any single character zero or more times- super powers!

regex.png

http://xkcd.com/208/

3 – My best work is in there. 

Everytime a workflow is shared, I beam with pride

The last 11 years have been a wild ride...

From icons to docs, each and every release,

To ideas, GUI text, and regression test beasts.

Demos, training, and replicating bugs...

Hearing anyone say they love Alteryx feels like a thousand hugs!

2 - Someone once told me, you learn something new every day and THAT’s what makes life worth living.

Every time I place tools on the canvas I learn something. Every. Single. Time.

1 – Alteryx lets me do some pretty awesome things.

Like brainstorm with my team on storyboards for a promo video, create 100 or so new badges for the community, learn about astronomy to create a fun rank structure, create a homework app for my kid, or even a little online research for the best top 10 lists of all time.

What are 10 things YOU love about Alteryx? Comment below and let it shine, let it shine, let it...

Tara McCoy

Tara McCoy is the Creative Director at Alteryx. Since joining Alteryx in 2004, Tara has held roles in Product Management, Content Engineering, and Community where her focus has always been on delivering an amazing product experience with Alteryx. From designing product icons and community badges, procuring excellent swag, concocting engaging contests, and crowdsourcing content from internal and external Alteryx advocates alike, Tara is dedicated to the Alteryx brand and wants everyone to experience the thrill of problem solving with Alteryx.

Tara McCoy is the Creative Director at Alteryx. Since joining Alteryx in 2004, Tara has held roles in Product Management, Content Engineering, and Community where her focus has always been on delivering an amazing product experience with Alteryx. From designing product icons and community badges, procuring excellent swag, concocting engaging contests, and crowdsourcing content from internal and external Alteryx advocates alike, Tara is dedicated to the Alteryx brand and wants everyone to experience the thrill of problem solving with Alteryx.

Comments