Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

1 Review

Our submission guidelines & status definitions before getting started

2 Search

The community for a solution or existing idea before posting

3 Vote

By clicking the like in the top left corner of an idea you support

4 Submit

A new idea to suggest a new community feature or improvement

Suggest an idea

Hello!
Currently there are a couple of banners on the Alteryx Community with information for users:

TheOC_0-1653668328080.png

However, even if i dismiss/click the cross on both of these, they reappear if i navigate to another area of the community. It would be nice to remember that the user has dismissed them, and have them not pop up again. Otherwise, it may be worth removing the 'x', however i would prefer the former.

Thanks,
TheOC

Currently when you add an event to your calendar, the invite includes a link back to the events page. This does get you to what you'll need, but would it be possible to include the link to join the event directly in that calendar invite? Maybe this is a phase two thing but it seems like it would be nice to join from my calendar instead of my calendar taking me to a webpage then joining from there.

Currently, there is no consolidated group for Alteryx For Good where individuals can join as members or post a blog or recent visit post. (I understand co-lab is there but it is very different from the ask)

The suggestion is to create a separate tab under - Alter Nation tab of the community portal similar to Women of Analytics.

This will help all the AFG enthusiasts to stay updated about the news and events happening across the world and also take some learnings from each other's visits and implement it in their respective regions.

This will also generate more excitement about Alteryx For Good and eventually trigger more Good to the community!!!

Alteryx For Good Activity in India is AdHoc (based on when the charity organization was on-boarded and based on the nature of the Alteryx use cases they have) hence, we will rarely be able to follow or get the existing Alteryx For Good week badges.

The suggestion is to create new badges that can be allocated to individuals who participate in such events/activities.

This will help to keep up the momentum of the volunteers!

(I understand tracking can be a challenge, but we can use eventbrite portal to track the attendance.)

Is there any way to add filter/sort functionality on the events page when they are shown as a list? It looks like the default is to show events in chronological order, but maybe someone wants to see only events in Kansas or only events that are user group meetings.

@LeahK,

How about having a page dedicated to the Grand Prix?  It could include a virtual trophy and bios of the winners (even the participants).  It might also be interesting to have links to the actual problems that they had to solve and potentially even have the data too for download.  Videos of the winning experiences would be a bonus.

Cheers,

Mark

Similar to the weekly challenges camping badges (weekly challenge badges that are assigned when individuals complete - 5, 10, 30, 50, 100 challenges) - There should be camping badges for the regular Alteryx For Good visitors.- 2, 5, 7, 10, 15, 30, 50, 100 (the frequency can be less as there are only limited number of visits one can make throughout the year).

This will bring in a gamification aspect for a good cause and will also be helpful to track individuals who have done more AFG visits and others can leverage their experience and expertise.

Please note this Idea is different from the Adhoc Badge idea posted earlier.

Maybe this is just a "temporary" badge, but I had the thought that as we register for Inspire18, that we could earn a registration badge.  You could see who's coming to inspire and communicate beforehand.  Similarly, if I see a post from someone that isn't registered I could suggest a session for them.

Cheers,

Mark

• Event

Oh no:

• we had a Valentines day badge, and a st Patricks day, and a haloween day, but no "Star wars Day" badge?  This seems to me to be one of the most important days on the calendar
  • we missed Yuri's night on April 12th too :  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuri%27s_Night
  • I believe we also missed 10th March, which is both "International awesomeness day" and also Chuck Norris's birthday.   

We have to start thinking for 2018 how we can appropriately make a fuss of these important days. We should ask ourselves "what would Chuck do"?

Don't worry though - we still have time to plan for International CAPS LOCK day, which is held twice per year on June 28th, and Oct 22nd.  THAT IS FANTASTIC YEARLY EVENT (JUST GETTING IN SOME PRACTICE)!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caps_lock#International_Caps_Lock_Day

It would be nice if users could 'check in' when they attend certain events together like Alteryx Inspire, Tableau Conference, or a local community event.

The event people are checked-in to could be posted as a status next to a user's name (ex. JoshKushner - at Alteryx Inspire 2018) and popular events could be summarized on the community home page.

This could publicize to other community users meet-up opportunities they might not have been aware of and could facilitate community engagement in real life.

I think it would be great to have Grand Prix style event once a quarter for the weekly challenges. This can be broken down by expertise level. I see this increasing the engagement on the community and further spread the word on weekly challenges. Also, not everyone  makes it on stage for Grand Prix, this event could be their opportunity to experience Grand Prix

0 Likes

Lets hope that 

Making new groups and working on some tools and learning about that tools and related information by making this will help new joiners and students to improve their skills and knowledge in alteryx software development projects and making it possible to work with alteryx easy and flexible..

Let's make sure to join in the team group and learn more .... Thanks if you are agree with the topic like this or else just live it... 👍 

0 Likes

Hey everyone,

When we have an event coming up, you can confirm your attendance, which is very useful in my opinion. The issue with the "no" and "maybe" buttons is that I don't see the point in having them.

marcusblackhill_0-1657228053711.png

To be honest, I believe that using these options can leave a negative impression on others. The ideal, in my opinion, is to keep only the "Yes" button.

• Event
0 Likes

When a group sends notification for an event, for clarity on how to RSVP, I think the E-mails should auto-populate at the beginning or ending of the notification with a linked message stating to follow to the page in order to RSVP -- this would reduce or even eliminate and confusion on where one is meant to RSVP (i.e., adding it to your calendar is not an RSVP!). Additionally, once one has gone to the group page, the RSVP buttons are not visible until after login, creating further confusion -- I think the most simple and effective way to correct this is to keep the RSVP responses private until login but make the RSVP buttons visible such that when one clicks on one and is not logged in already, they are prompted to log in.

0 Likes

The 2021 Alteryx INSPIRE conference wrapped up this week. There were lots of inspiring presentations. Along the way I picked up the latest Tips & Tricks document prepared by Stephane Portier. This title has been a regular INSPIRE feature at past conferences and each issue contained a mix of valuable secrets and shortcuts to make the Alteryx experience even better.

This time the title is a little misleading. What Stephane has created is a very complete and organized guide to best practices for developers working with the Alteryx Developer application.

Stephane makes a strong case for developers to take the extra effort and attention needed to create robust, well documented and maintainable workflows that will evolve over time as requirements change and data sources morph.

He has drawn attention to the specific features and approaches that lead to the creation of structured workflows that can be easily understood and audited.  He provides guidance on techniques that work to maximize quality deliverables, yet minimize the effort needed to get there.  It is a gem.

Everyone wanting to do serious work with Alteryx Designer should keep this document handy.

I have attached a copy and encourage you to read it from end to end.

I encourage the editors of the Community to give this document a prominent position on the site. In addition, to encourage best practices across the community,  I can imagine a contest being created where the winners would be those who could best demonstrate following the advice given in this guide.

0 Likes

Hello

I tried to share on Linkedin the next to come webinar of July 29th

https://pages.alteryx.com/amplifying-human-intelligence-with-analytic-process-automation.html

Alteryx publisher should make sure that there is an attractive image linked to the web page that LinkedIn will automatically feature.So far, there is none: the post appears image less and is therefore less attractive.

Posts with an image or, even better, a video, always work better in the feed.

Just a hint 🙂 Kind regards

Top Liked Authors