Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

Weekly Challenger Workflow

The weekly challenges provide such a rich resource for strengthening your Alteryx abilities but for new uses a lot of time is spent merely collecting the older challenges to work on them.  I would suggest creating a page with all of the start files, and a page with all of the solution files so that all of the challenges can be downloaded from a single location.  This would also provide an opportunity for a new weekly challenge to build a workflow that downloads challenges within a specified range, create windows folders for each week, and cleanse the pesky underscores from the front and end of many of the files.

5 Comments
AYXAcademy
Alteryx
Alteryx

Cool idea @bkclaw113 !  I'm wondering if you have some ideas on how you or others might want to access the files.  Would you prefer it be in the same area as the Weekly Challenge index?  Would you want to bulk download files based on level (beginner, intermediate, advanced) or topic (macros, spatial) or even date (posted in 2020) or challenge number (numbers 100-125)?  We can think of a couple different ways to do this, but we want to make sure it's most useful for our learners.  Thanks for the great suggestion - can't wait to hear more! 

TreyW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Comments Requested

bkclaw113
9 - Comet

I think that any of the suggested ways would be helpful, however the greatest impact may be sorting Challenge Number.  This would allow the use to go out and download the first 25 challenges, and use the existing index to decide which to work on based by Level or Topic.  Allowing the bulk download this way would also help with people who may take a break and come back to the challenges after missing a few weeks (or months), where if they were only able to filter by Level or Topic they would not be able to get the incremental new challenges.

Gopinaath
8 - Asteroid

These are the bulk download filter parameters I think would be handy:

Topic Selector

Level Selector

Challenge Number(s)

Date

Those preparing for exams would definitely find it handy to be able to buik download all challenges for a particular topic or level 

WillM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Revisit

Thanks so much for this idea!  We're currently evaluating how to breathe some new life into Weekly Challenges, so we'll definitely come back to look at this once we have some of our plans a little more solidly in place.