The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

Use international standard date format

Many (all?) of the dates used in the community site are following the US date format, i.e. MM-DD-YYYY. However, in many places around the world, the standard date format is DD-MM-YYYY. Being a 'crossover' from Oz to US, I'm aware of the difference, but many will not be.

Could we use a more obvious format that makes it clear to both sides? I find the YYYY-MM-DD to work well for this purpose, as well as for sorting. But there are other formats that could work, e.g. DD-MMM-YYYY or MMM DD, YYYY.

6 Comments
TreyW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @cam_w 

Thanks for the suggestion. You can actually go ahead and do this now in the platform. Click on your user avatar/icon on the top right > Select "My Settings" > Preferences > Display > Under the "Date display format" field - enter the date in the desired format (YYYY-MM-DD for example) and click Save. 

Even though this feature is currently available, I've marked this "On the Roadmap" so that we can add a tooltip or other UI improvement to let other folks know this is possible. 

cam_w
11 - Bolide

Thank you @TreyW ! I did indeed search for this information but didn't find it at the time in my settings ... I should have looked there more carefully! 🙂

TreyW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

You're very welcome! It's only because I randomly tested that I found it worked as well - so we'll be sure to get that noted in the tooltip. Thank you for surfacing!

TreyW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: New Idea

TreyW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented