The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

Train the Trainer Certification

Hi all!

Right now, we have product focused certifications that showcases one's skills with Alteryx products. But, being proficient in the product itself does not necessarily mean that the certified individual is a good trainer for others to learn. 

Having a trainer certification pathway will be great! It gives trainers access to certain Alteryx training material, and helps provide some credentials to trainers to be "official" and endorsed by Alteryx itself. 

Of course, to attend these Train the Trainer and certification stages, I think it needs to be paid for rather than free to ensure commitment and some degree of investment on part of the applicant. 

These Train the Trainer certifications can be renewed, and based off where the user's regions are. 

Hope this works!

-Cal

14 Comments
Status changed to: Comments Requested

We would love to gauge the interest of an idea like this! We will continue to monitor this post for Community interest before moving further with the idea.

GaneshBo
Alteryx
Alteryx

Great idea! This sounds extremely helpful when scaling up the Center of Excellence team.

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Not sure exactly how this idea will be gauged by comments. @AlteryxIdeasTeam what does it mean by that?

Hi @caltang,

We would like to see if more people would be interested in this idea before we commit to it. If users show interest here or elsewhere on the Maveryx Community, we will take note of it.

dmpope
8 - Asteroid

@AlteryxIdeasTeam this would be a fantastic certification to offer! Our org is looking to build an environment of continuous learning and having onsite/in-house certified trainers would be ideal. 

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Thanks @dmpope for your vote of confidence! Yes, it's good to be certified directly from Alteryx. The brand is strong, and such backing makes it easier to convince stakeholders.

jogden
5 - Atom

This is exactly what I'm looking for! I've gone through the regular certification, but having a trainer specific course would be fantastic 

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Thanks for your support @jogden ! Fully agreed. 

Noris
5 - Atom

Excellent idea! Trained the trainer it's an amazing way to help support the Alteryx Users that are building centre of excellent in their organization to get more user. I used to trained other tools and with that experience I have been able to create some courses for my team, but it's a struggle to get the right data to explain certain tools that may not be use frequently but still need to be known. 

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Thank you @Noris for your support! Agreed. Would be a great addition for the Alteryx community worldwide!