Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

Text Documents for Weekly Challeges

I love the Weekly Challenges.   Unfortunately, my corporate security has deemed them insecure.   I cannot any longer download the starter or the challenges.   Could we also have the starter in a word or text description so that we can recreate it on my side.   I can still download documents... I think!  

(Dogbert Principle of Security:   "Ideally, perfect security is only achieved when there is no possibility of achieving meaningful work .") 

4 Comments
MaddieJ
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Comments Requested

Hey there! We'll keep an eye on this idea to see if more people in the Community are also running in to this issue. When more people comment or star the idea, we can take it under review. 

JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Nemesis - does your IT organization take issue with the file extension type or the fact these items hosted or have they not white-listed Community?

Nemesis
6 - Meteoroid

Actually both.   They are filtering for any extensions that may be executable under some framework and they also apply some whitelisting.   i.e  if he extention is  tabu but it is a trusted site they will allow it.   Apparently not the case for you.

WillM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Not Planned

Since this seems to be a pretty isolated case, we're going to be moving this to unplanned for now.  If this is something that comes up again in the future, however, we may revisit this!