Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

Sharing Alteryx Profile on Social Media

Hi Alteryx,

I hope you are having an altering day!

Alteryx has a very community of very committed individuals contributing from sharing ideas, suggestions, presenting use-cases, to solving weekly challenges. It'd be really great for all the community members to be able to share their community interaction on social media. 

For example: If I earn a new badge, a small window could pop-up saying, "Share your achievement!" with all possible icons of social media in that window. On clicking a particular icon, say twitter or Linkedin, it will redirect to that website with a tweet or post complied with a template message to be posted. 

It can be done for: Sharing a post about badges earned, solutions accepted, online tutorials completed etc.

It would be a great marketing strategy for Alteryx as it would outsource broadcasting about Alteryx amongst people, and others might be interested and take notice of it.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Rohan Waghere

6 Comments
TreyW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Hi @rohanwaghere  - I love this idea and the notion of sharing achievements. Currently you can share content, but I will work with our developers to see what options or customizations may be available to share "events" such as this. Thank you for the suggestion - I'll keep the community posted!

rohanwaghere
7 - Meteor
Thank you, Trey! Happy to contribute.
SubratDas5
10 - Fireball

This will be a great idea and enable better gamification for the badges. 

Amarendra
10 - Fireball

Fantastic idea! I see myself showing off the number of weekly challenges I had finished in the past year!

WillM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Coming Soon

We're working on some new sharing abilities with the Academy team for sharing badges outside of the community. If this relates to other activities outside of badges and achievements, please let us know so we can look at what that would entail.

Ncardenas
8 - Asteroid

I would add to this by suggesting Alteryx gives the option to allow users to customize their Alteryx profile link similarly to how you would see on LinkedIn. I don't think this change would be as difficult and warrants its own thread as of now.

For example, my profile link at the moment is community.alteryx.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/247405.

I would like it to be something like this: community.alteryx.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/Ncajamarca

I think it's important to have a clear and inviting link URL to direct employers to your page and see the incredible work you have put into expanding data analytics across whether it's upskilling yourself, teaching others, or showcasing research.

Spreading Alteryx in this format will only grow this community faster! 🙂