The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

Revisit valuable ideas marked as inactive

Hi there,

In the ideas board, there are many ideas which have been marked as Inactive, indicating that they didn't receive enough support, or that they have been unchanged for over a year.

example: SELECT TOOL: Right Click to Select Fields - Alteryx Community

the challenge with this is that ideas may still be useful, but they have been marked as inactive because lack of change (which may well be because the product team is focussed elsewhere for now)

Now - for ideas stuck in this state - the community has started reposting them, as a way to resurrect the idea when it's useful / important.

In order to reduce noise - could we instead have a way of resurrecting inactive ideas like the one above so that the Product team can include them in their thinking, and the community can vote on them?    It would reduce wasted time on the product community; reduce noise; and also make the community feel that their ideas are valued.

Thank you all

Sean

cc: @MarqueeCrew @mceleavey 

3 Comments
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

I'd even like an Inspire session with audience participation around submitting ideas. 

Status changed to: Revisit

We are aware of this, but the process is not in the state we would like it to be in. We are considering this problem as we move forward. This is similar to your last idea post where we are in a holding pattern as this process is defined.

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

Hello all (and nice to see a new user @AlteryxIdeasTeam , welcome aboard)

In general, the idea status has a lot of issues :

-not up to date (I pointed that here https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Community-Ideas/Better-process-for-updating-Ideas-status-tr... )
-hard to move (I can't count the ideas in "comments requested" that already have the comment requested... or the inactive/not planned that got a huge traction these last months)
-I'm not a fan of the "revisit" status, since it's just open idea..)

Best regards,

Simon