Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

Remember Me/Stay Connected Login Option

Maybe I missed (if so, please tell me where is it), but a "Remember Me" or "Stay Connected" option would be great, so our sessions doesn't end (I keep this webpage opened almost all day).

15 Comments
cbridges
11 - Bolide

I'll admit that I might be the only one with this problem...

I went on an Alteryx Community expedition, looking for solutions to various puzzles, and I did what I always do... right-click and open in a new tab, so I could later go back and really delve into the thread.

Some links I saved were ideas, and I liked them, so I attempted to star them. Oops - I wasn't signed in when I began my expedition, so I have to sign in before I can interact.

Here's the problem... I have to sign in on every single one of those tabs I opened. Or, which is not much better, I can copy and paste the tab links into a tab where I'm already signed in. Arrgh.

Also interesting is that once I'm signed in on one tab but not in another, it doesn't only not let me interact, it gives me a pop-up that says "Authentication Failed. Authentication Ticket Mismatched, failed authentication."

I don't know if there's any way to change the portal so that once you're signed in, you're signed in. But it would be nice. Otherwise I'll need to put a post-it on my monitor that says "SIGN IN before any other community activity!" ;-)

P.S. We need a label for "Community"

chris_love
12 - Quasar

Doesn't do this in Chrome for me.....

Atabarezz
13 - Pulsar

In chrome ı need to sign in multiple times as well... there seems to be small session wise glitch...

JulieH
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

We're currently investigating sessions timing out quicker than expected. Thank you all for chiming in with additional details! If you have been experiencing frequent time outs, it would be very helpful if you could share the following information via comments: 

• Browser (with the exact version)
  • OS
  • Which page you were originally on
  • Which page you navigated to before realizing you were timed out
  • Did you open any other tabs or browser windows in the process
Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi all,

The most common "use case" I got is posting some info (because sometimes I found that an extra print screen would be helpful, so in the middle of posting, I go "out of the Community" and take several screenshots, and then try to upload, or Post, and Whoops! "SIGN IN required/Session closed")

Generally (99% of the time) I use Chrome. Didn´t bare if this happens with another browser, but from now on I'll check that. 

I'm attaching my current versions:

CHROME:

Chrome Version

WINDOWS:

OS Version

JulieH
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Fixed

Hi everyone, thank you for help troubleshooting this issue! We recently deployed a fix which should address the issue of randomly getting logged out. For security purposes, the auto sign-in cookie will expire after 30 days, and we currently have the community set to auto log you out after 3 hrs of inactivity. Thanks for your patience, and we hope these changes improve your experience on our community!

Martin_Bosak
7 - Meteor

So is it fixed or not?

Does'nt work for me.

When it will log me out after 3 hrs, it's annoying.

Btw where is that auto sign in option?

JulieH
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

I'm sorry the previous update didn't fully address the original request! You're correct that Remember Me/Stay Connected does not exist today. As we are tied to the Alteryx Analytics Gallery authentication, we'll need to investigate how we can make this happen. We'll keep you updated on progress. Thanks for your patience!

cbridges
11 - Bolide

Gotcha, @JulieH!

The minor annoyance for me is when I click on forum topics that I've subscribed to. Those articles open in new tabs in my browser, but if I don't remember to log in before I start clicking links, the pages where those articles reside won't let me comment until I log in.

It's kinda weird. Right now, I have 2 tabs open where I'm signed in and 2 tabs where I'm not, in the same browser. :-/

jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

+1 for this idea

I seem to have to login to the Alteryx Community almost every day. Would reduce friction if I could just get straight in with saved credentials. Weirdly, even using LastPass I struggle to get my password to autocomplete.