The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

Re: Change community profile name

Hi,

Are there any plans to add a change of username option to the Profile settings area of the page, where you can currently change other information such as your Avatar etc? I can't think of a site where I have to contact admin to change my username or email address, so it seems like a worthwhile feature!

Linked to this, I couldn't see an appropriate place in the Ideas section under which to post. Is there an "Ideas" section for the Community which could cover suggestions like these? 

Thanks

8 Comments
TreyW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Comments Requested

TreyW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

Hi @Linus165  - agree with you 100%! You can now change your own username by clicking on your avatar on the top right, clicking My Settings, and then it should default to "Username", where you can now edit the field. 

Stratoscope
5 - Atom

Has this feature been removed? I remember seeing it a few weeks ago, but now it seems to be gone.

TreyW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Coming Soon

Salam
5 - Atom

Hi, Is there a way to update my Profile Name and new email address?

TreyW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Salam - yes. While we don't have this as a self-service functionality currently, you can email community@alteryx.com and they can assist you with both requests. 

TreyW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Salam  @Linus165 @Stratoscope this has been delivered! It temporarily lives in your community settings, but once we cutover to a new SSO system, this will option to change your username (and email address!) will be available in my.Alteryx account settings. More on that to come soon!

TreyW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented