Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

Private message email font

When I recieved a notification of a private message (see screenshot below), the font was Times New Roman.

I guess it could have been worse . . . it could have been the font that dare not speak its name.

I suggest a change to be a more appealing san-serif font.

Thanks!

John

Capture.PNG

10 Comments
JulieH
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi John, we're investigating with Lithium to figure out how the font is selected for email notifications. Brian, Tara and myself checked our own and saw Calibri, Lato, Arial - which differed from our email client default font, in most cases.

What email client are you using?

Hollingsworth
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

I'm using Outlook.

What's odd is that other messages I get from Lithium don't have that font. It was only the notification of a private message that contained it.

All of the others have a san-serif font.

JulieH
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

JulieH
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Comments Requested

Hi @Hollingsworth, we investigated and were not able to replicate this issue. Can you let me know if you're still seeing a different font on PM notifications since the public launch, when we switched to community.alteryx.com ?  If others are having this issue as well, let us know via comments. Thanks!

Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I receive mine (PM notifications only) with Times New Roman too.

PM Notification

Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I was looking a little further, and it appears that emails different from PM notifications are using css classes diferent that the PM Notifications.

In the case of digests, and regular notifications, css classes are embedded into the HTML. 

Regular emails

In the case of PM notifications, there are no css classes in the HTML.

emails2

JulieH
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Accepted

Terrific, thanks for confirming and taking this a step further @Aguisande! I've added this to our backlog to fix. We'll update here once we get closer to deploying a fix. 

JulieH
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Fixed

This has been fixed with our platform's latest upgrade. Thanks for reporting the issue and helping investigate everyone!

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: New Idea

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Implemented

This idea was pushed back to New Idea due to a community updated completed in early April 2020 that updated the statuses on this board. This feature is actually currently available and as such this idea is being updated back to Implemented.