Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

Paste images directly into discussions

It would be useful to be able to copy and paste images directly into the discussion forums. In heavily locked down IT environments, such as at my current client site, it's not possible to use the insert/edit image button. The only way I can load an image to a discussion is to copy into a word doc and attach it.

The Tableau forums allow a simple copy/paste of an image into their forums, implementing that same functionality into the Alteryx forum would be a big help. Even for users who are able to load images it would save them time, instead of having to save an image then upload, ctrl-c ctrl-v is much quicker.

8 Comments
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

I use the snipping tool and would agree that it would be nice to simply snip & copy & paste rather than snip & save & overwrite file & select image & upload. 

jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

this would be great, have a catalogue of snagit saves from posts

JulieH
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Great suggestion, thanks @AndrewW! We're currently investigating with our platform vendor if this feature is available for our rich text editor. Stay tuned!

JulieH
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Partner Dependent

Just a quick update to let you all know that at this time, this is unfortunately not possible with our editor (TinyMCE). We have made a feature improvement request and will keep you updated on progress.

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Just adding my +1 to this as it would save a bit of time copying and pasting images into a community post rather than having to save and then insert photos.

@JulieH - Is this still not possible due to the community platform or have things changed?

JeffS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

Late reply to this, but as of Alteryx Community version 19.2, it is now possible to copy/paste web-based image into a post by right-clicking on the editor and using pasting from the context menu. Images not hosted on the web would still need to be uploaded, but I hope this helps!

FYI: For a list of everything we are releasing on a regular basis, be sure to check the version history link in the footer.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: New Idea

TreyW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented