Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

It should be possible to like sub-posts on Ideas and mark these as a solution/workaround

It should be possible to 'like' a reply to an idea posted on the community.

Many times users post workarounds, hints, or maybe even full solutions to people's ideas and the ability for the original poster and other community members to like these would be valuable to show appreciation.

Furthermore, I think it would be great to have the ability to mark idea replies as a solution and/or a workaround. I see this is already an idea, so will up-vote @Claje's post here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Community-Ideas/Add-a-way-for-Idea-posts-to-be-quot-Solved-...

For instance, take this example here, where I hope I've posted a good workaround for @MuralidharAreti : https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Comment-blocks-Headings-subheadings-warning-...

7 Comments
TreyW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Comments Requested

@Joe_Lipski  - I love this idea. I myself have went to "like" a comment or suggestion that was an idea comment on other communities that maybe isn't exactly the solution I was looking for - but solves my problem nonetheless. This isn't possible out of the box, but let me take this back to our dev team and see what our options are here. 

Thanks for taking the time to suggest it!

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

And I now want to like your reply @TreyW 😛

LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Accepted

I've been dreaming of the day when we can show our appreciation for all the comments and additional insight shared on ideas would be possible.

Thanks to @TreyW and @KylieF for investigating the possibilities and committing to making this happen. Consider the primary suggestion shared, "Liking idea comments", on the road-map @Joe_Lipski !  

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

This is huge news! So much appreciation and help has been going unrecognized (in the form of likes!)

My idea for this flow...

Step 1: Liking idea comments

Step 2: Marking idea comments as a solution

Step 3: Converting an idea with a solution to a discussion (might require moderation)

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

It looks like this has been implemented on the products ideas pages, but not the community ideas pages.

Brilliant news...

joe_lipski_0-1618474325377.png

joe_lipski_1-1618474333231.png

LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Looks like an oversight on the Community Ideas area, @Joe_Lipski ! Just noticed when i tried to like a comment myself. *head scratching* I SWEAR we did this already 

WillM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented