The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

Create a stickied post within each idea section explaining the statuses of ideas

Hi!
I noticed recently that the majority of open Community ideas were newly labelled 'Accepting Votes', for instance my idea:

TheOC_0-1662361065390.png

I have to guess that 'accepting votes' is based on the likes on the idea, however this is unclear, and there are numerous statuses that could use clarifying:

TheOC_1-1662361127094.png

For instance, is there a difference between 'Accepted', 'Ongoing' and 'Coming Soon'?

What I suggest is a quick stickied post at the top of the ideas, to explain the ideas section to a new user. What each of the labels are, how to submit an idea, and what to include, with a new idea post. This would display as:

TheOC_2-1662361649019.png
(Positioning could be changed)

Kind Regards,
TheOC

1 Comment
JessL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

Thank you for submitting this request, we have added an explanation to the Idea Submission Guidelines article to give more insight into what the Accepting Votes status means. The link to this article can be found in the top right corner of the different product idea board pages.