Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

Community People Finder

I am meeting a lot of awesome people at #Inspire17!! ...but when I went to try and find some of them on the Community, I realize there is no easy way to do this. How cool would it be for there to be a User or People section on the Community where you could find people by querying their public stats (or even private stats if the user checks something saying to make those stats public)?! This feature could help tremendously with networking! Here's some situations where something like this would help:

"I remember this guy worked for x-company, if only I could see their name, I would know who it is"

"I want to connect with other Alteryx users near me"

"I want to reach out to this presenter from Inspire17, but I forgot what their Community Username was"

9 Comments
andrewdatakim
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

It would be nice if it connected to LinkedIn, then it would make it easier to keep company, location and contact information up to date.

JulieH
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Comments Requested

Hi @DultonM, I'm so glad to hear you made good connections at Inspire, it certainly was great to finally meet you in person!

You currently have the ability of searching users by changing the filter option on the search, and we are working on improving search performance to better support this. What gets returned may vary depending on how users have chosen to set their own privacy settings. Users need to set "Show private information in profile" to All to allow others to search them by company, for example, or to allow you to see their stats.  However if they have chosen to not share anything, we will respect their privacy. 

To connect with other Alteryx users near you, we strongly recommend checking out local User Groups.

As for Inspire speakers, we're working on improving that next year so community usernames get added to badges, speaker info, etc. 

I hope this helps! Let us know what else we could be doing to facilitate connecting you with others via the community.

Philip
12 - Quasar

I connect with other users mostly through Twitter and LinkedIn, but I do like the idea of adding community usernames to badges and other items.

SteveM
5 - Atom

hi @JulieH

I did check out local User Groups, but the nearest is a 3 hour flight. Is there a way to find if there are users who are near me so we may start a User Group?

andrewdatakim
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @SteveM,

I may not be able to help you with finding users close to you, but the Orlando User Group does do some virtual User Group meetings if you are interested in attending.  https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Orlando-FL/10-25-Orlando-Alteryx-User-Group-Q4-Meeting-Virtual/gpm-...  .

Regards,

Andrew

LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for sharing @andrewdatakim!  It's awesome to see Orlando users spreading the love across state lines ;-)

@SteveM -- If you are interested in exploring starting a user group closer to where you live and work, you are more than welcome to get in touch with our User Group team. I included a link to the inquiry form below. Go ahead and fill out the required information, and the Alteryx Customer Experience Team will be in touch with you to discuss!

https://form.jotform.us/70674379862167

JeffS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

To close the loop here: We are working to make things like community user name more prominent at events like Inspire. Further, you are able to run an advanced search to look up users by company or other attributes that they have chosen to share in their profile. Advanced Search page: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/user?inactive=false&advanced=true&f=rank_name...

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: New Idea

TreyW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented