The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

Community Macros

Can we have a guide on how to utilize community macros? Under My Settings>Macros there are a lot of slots for different macros, but no explanation of what they are, how to use them, or even when they should (and should not) be used.

5 Comments
TreyW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Fixed

Hi @ADerbak - thank you for the suggestion. Great news - this is actually already in place. You can view it by clicking on your profile picture, selecting HELP, then dropdown Posting Messages, and click "Can I create "canned" or "boilerplate" responses?". Direct link is here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/help/faqpage/title/macros

Note: this will be changing to be more clear in the next release to say "How do I use Macros?". 

ADerbak
11 - Bolide

Excellent! I honestly wasn't even aware that page existed. Thank you so much!

TreyW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@ADerbak My guess is that many people don't. Perhaps renaming it "FAQ" would be better? I think "Help" more implies support vs. community info... 

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: New Idea

TreyW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented