The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

Badges for interactive lessons

I think it would be great to have badge(s) for the interactive lessons. They are a really great tool for people to learn about the tool, so badges could recognize folks who've invested the time to complete it.

6 Comments
LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Not Planned

@patrick_digan ! This is such a great idea! so much so, TRUE STORY, that we actually developed an entire underwater themed badge set shortly after the initial release of interactive lessons with full intentions of implementing.

Unfortunately, this was one of those situations where we got so excited about doing an inverse of the weekly challenge (if Weekly challenge badges are a climb to the top of mount Everest, it only made sense to flip that on it's head and pursue a theme that took you on a journey through the depths of the ocean) that we failed to fully understand the depths (pun intended) of technology and the limitations we had to overcome. We use Alteryx to automate weekly challenge badge assignment, and at the time felt like we were on top of the world and could easily do the same for interactive lessons. It turns out the automation piece and data governance constraints made it far more complicated than we had anticipated.

In the spirit of being transparent, I'm updating the status to "Not Planned" -- this doesn't mean impossible, but it's unlikely.

I've been trying to get @JoeM to let me use those badges for something else for years! It's a good sign though, if using those badges for anything other than their intended purpose requires prying them out of cold dead hands, it means there is still a glimmer of hope. A very small glimmer... some day they may come back from the dead.

LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

The badge graveyard. May you rest in peace.

Screen Shot 2021-03-24 at 6.15.16 PM.png

SGolnik
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

I love the idea of the interactive lessons getting badges and I think the underwater theme would go perfectly here. The badges would signify those that took the time to really "dive deeper" into the product!!

BruceHenry
7 - Meteor

I would not reccomend to give badges for the interactive trainings -- would rather carry on focusing giving a badge, when the same is applied in practise.

Shifty
12 - Quasar

It's such a shame that this isn't planned - it's a great idea that would encourage more rounded learning through the Community and I love the under the sea theme! 🦀

sanjay_shinde
8 - Asteroid

What is the time duration by which we get our batch updated when we complete the weekly challenge? and also In order to earn such a badge do we need to complete weekly challenges in order/sequence or we can take any challenge to resolve?