Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

Automatic Reminder to "Mark as Solution"

As someone on the hunt for badges, I am doing my best to offer solutions as I know many of you are.  Nothing breaks my heart more than delivering a solution and not getting that "Marked as Solution" tag. 

Looking down the list of Discussions in Designer / Server etc. there are countless solutions that aren't marked as such.  Perhaps it would be helpful to automate a follow up email to the Discussion starter a few days after the final post just reminding them to Mark a Solution if their question has been solved.

Shifty

PS/ not sure where I should've put this Idea because it doesn't relate to an Alteryx product.  There didn't seem to be a category for Community Ideas as far as I could see.

22 Comments
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hey, great idea @Shifty 

I like it, I've tried to have a look at past questions that aren't marked as a solution yet, but most of them have solutions assigned, so sometimes i only check the first page of questions. This would be a great idea!

Also, about the place to put the idea, i've actually just made another idea here:
https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Additional-additional-Ideas-sections-to-alig...

As i share the same confusion as to where to put ideas about the community!

Cheers,
TheOC

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Seconded!

I think the ACEs have the ability to mark solutions, but an automated reminder would be good.

M.

Shifty
12 - Quasar

@atcodedog05 @Qiu @Emil_Kos @mceleavey @apathetichell @TheOC @afv2688 @MarqueeCrew  - I feel like you guys would benefit most from this feature! 😁

Shifty
12 - Quasar

@mceleavey  

INTERESTING! I did not know ACEs could do that. The Alteryx equivalent of a school prefect. 😂

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Shifty I'll let you know when I am one 😉

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@TheOC, I will ping you to mark my post as an answer 😛 

Hi @Shifty The truth is this is a cool feature but at the same time, I know that the community isn't only about the number of the solutions but this might be a good idea.  

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Emil_Kos asking me to abuse my power before I even have it 😯 Who's team are you on?? 😂

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @TheOC,

No abusing just a favour for a friend 😛 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

@TheOC  and @Emil_Kos this sounds like a interesting conversation😂😂

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Part of me feels getting to explore and learn new things is a reward by itself 😁