Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

Alteryx Datasets Division on the Community

So we have specific divisions on the community;

• Designer

• Server

• Connect

• Promote
Picture1.png

but nothing for Datasets!

Actually Connect and Promote are "additional capabilities" to Server as you can see at the pricing pages; https://www.alteryx.com/products/platform-details/pricing.

So are the datasets so I would suggest a Dataset division on the left hand side...

• This will enable us to ask specific questions about the ever evolving and quarterly updated datasets...
  • Plus we will be (at least me) able to provide new ideas and sources of datasets...
2 Comments
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Not Planned

@Atabarezz,

Thank you for your Community suggestion. Since the data sets have to be used in the Designer, we suggest that you add any questions you have related to the data sets to the Designer Discussions board. We also have in the Designer section the Data Products Knowledge base where you can find information on the data. Part of the reason why we included it in Designer is as mentioned above, but also to keep the number of icons on the left hand side down to a minimum. You are also welcome to add any ideas you have for the datasets to the Designer Ideas.

In order for us to make a specific change like this we would need to see a larger amount of data set questions and comments. At this time we don't have the numbers to break this out into it's own category, but will keep an eye on it and consider it for the future.

Thanks again,

DanM

Atabarezz
13 - Pulsar

Got your point Dan thanks,

But there I find a flaw in logic "Since the data sets have to be used in the Designer,"

• Data has to be used in the server as well... So it's not MECE (mutually exclusive and collectively exhaustive definition)
  • Also Connect and promote both are "have to be used in the Server"
  • You can't buy any single one as a stand alone product but they are listed separately

This is actually a strategy decision I believe,

if Alteryx believes DATA is or will be a key revenue source and a competitive edge between Alteryx and SAS, IBM, Knime, Rapidminer, Tableau, Qlik, Microsoft Power BI then should be on the list from my point of view.

Actually during the Inspire fireside chat with @LangleyE it was all about alternative data and those datasets...

1. Weater (historic or realtime or forecasts)
  2. Traffic (historic or realtime or forecasts)
  3. Footfall

to name a few...

Best

Ps: I'll also note this idea under designer and server as well no worries...