Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

Add functionality to edit posts on mobile

I often access the Alteryx community on-the-go and find myself using the forums quite a lot on mobile. There have been several instances where I have replied to a post and then needed to edit this afterwards. Without waiting to get to my laptop, I have so far found that the only option I have is to post another reply correcting my original post. Unless I'm missing something, I can't seem to find any functionality to simply 'edit' posts on mobile and from a search of existing posts/ideas, I can't find anything else requesting this. Apologies in advance if I have simply missed something here!

Thanks,

Nathan

6 Comments
WillM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

@DataNath thanks so much for bringing this to our attention!  This is definitely an unexpected behavior and our platform team will be looking into it, as it may affect some other functionality as well.  We will update once we have a chance to dig in a bit further!

DataNath
17 - Castor

Thanks a lot @WillM - appreciate the response!

JessL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Accepted

We are working on correcting this, it appears the menu that contains the edit button disappeared on mobile view. We are currently in the process of looking at how to return the menu without introducing new issues into the mobile space. 

DataNath
17 - Castor

Brilliant, thanks a lot for the update @JessL!

cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

If you select desktop view and rotate your phone you should see the three dots.

JessL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

We have returned the ellipsis menu that allows for editing a post to the mobile view. Thank you for letting us know that this was missing.