The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

Add a new view to the Solution Authors and Stars Leaderboard "Month to date"

Every month the fantastic @LeahK posts the Community Top Contributors blog (Link to last month's post).

These include information on the Top Star Authors and Top Solution Authors for the given month.

Today, there is a default view of a rolling 30 days of history for most-starred and most solutions, which is really cool, since you can see who has contributed a good idea or solution recently.

However, as a somewhat competitive person who enjoys gamification probably a little bit too much, there is a problem!  There is currently no way (that I am aware of) to see how many solutions a user has since the month started.  What this means is that it is rather difficult to tell who is at the top of the leaderboard for the month until the month ends.

As an example, as of the time of this writing, I am #3 on the Solution Authors leaderboard for the last 30 days, with 28 solutions, putting me one full solution above @MarqueeCrew.  However, if I dig into my posting history, I solved a post about splitting strings in SQL on 10/29, which means that when I look at my November Solutions, I actually only have 27!  Mark and I are tied!  This gets even more complicated if I then want to try and find out if Mark has any solutions from late October that might go away, and before you know it I've spent 15 minutes writing an idea post about this topic because I've dug myself into an analytics pit!

Having a view in the Stars Leaderboard and Solution Authors Leaderboard for "Month to date", which would include all solutions since the first of whatever month we are in, would help me with my gamification of community time, and would enhance my experience.  Since this would reset to 0 on the first of every month, I understand why the view is not as interesting for front-page status, but having it as a time range option would be awesome!

behold my MS Paint skillsbehold my MS Paint skills

EDIT: Since I started writing this post about 20 minutes ago and now, one of my recent solutions "expired", and Mark and I are tied!

1 Comment
MaddieJ
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Not Planned

Hey @Claje! Thanks for sharing your idea. While this definitely sounds like it would be helpful, this isn't something that we'd be able to implement with the underlying technology that powers our Community. Glad to hear you enjoy the monthly Top Contributors blogs! We hope to see you continue to reach the top of our leader boards in 2019!