Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

Add a Downloads button to the community

To make it easier to find the latest download for Alteryx... it was easy when it was downloads.alteryx.com but then it changed to licenses.alteryx.com and I wasted some time trying to find a way to get to it. It could also just be a link under Getting Started or Alteryx Resources, I know it's out there as a link somewhere but more a more visible and prominent option would be nice. Something like my wonderful artist rendition below:

Capture.JPG

8 Comments
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

+1 for the idea and +100 for the drawing.

LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for sharing @NJT!  While we don't expose recent downloads as a top level side navigation item, we do include links to the latest Product specific downloads on each Product Hub page -- This is a change we implemented as part of v5.0.

The new Product pages on Community are really designed to be a central resource for users to easily access the information they need, when they need it -- like downloads.  If you go to the Designer page as an example, you'll find what your looking for in the "More Designer Resources" box.

Designer downloads.png

We also just recently added a link to new downloads on the "Legacy Downloads" page (which currently lives within Alteryx Resources on Community).

Last but not least, I give you an A+ for the drawing!  

LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Comments Requested

I just realized that I failed to update the status when I commented a few weeks ago! Sorry about that 😆

Changing the status to Comments Requested.  While we aren't likely to add a downloads link in the top level side nav menu, I am curious to hear if others feel greater visibility/exposure of new product release downloads (on the existing Legacy downloads page) would help alleviate confusion.

Claje
14 - Magnetar

It might be helpful to emphasize the Downloads a little more on the page for each product.

As it stands right now, the eye is drawn to the center of the screen on the individual product pages.  That is somewhat exacerbated by the other information contained on the right hand side of the screen.

As an example, here are two screenshots, of the entire screen, as well as of the right "bar" of information.

The eye is drawn to the middle of this page, and the right hand side is somewhat ignoredThe eye is drawn to the middle of this page, and the right hand side is somewhat ignoredNo information outside of the top right corner is critical to the user, so it can read as "Ad space"No information outside of the top right corner is critical to the user, so it can read as "Ad space"

I think there might be a better way or place to display this information so that it will be more "eye-catching".  Anecdotally, I don't think I've ever read all of the items in this box until today.

JeffS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

A more obvious place that licenses.alteryx.com for product downloads will be very usual!

NJT
11 - Bolide

It looks like the site has changed a hair since I posted this originally, I like the new link to support which immediately shows you downloads as an option there, I think it's an improvement! I found it in 1 minute on the site versus searching around and not seeing the download link under the designer community page on the right hand side and finally giving up and using the search function and still not finding it and then typing downloads.alteryx.com in my browser... 

I give it a A for improvement!

Annotation 2020-04-16 110409.png

TreyW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented