Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

Ability to add more detail to Profile pages

Wouldn't it be great to have the option to share a bit more information on your user profile page?

I'm talking about:

- Full name

- Who you work for

- Industry

- Links to social media

- Favourite colour

- First pet's name

- You get the idea.......

The first three are the biggies. It's nice to be able to get a sense of who people are, and to share a bit of who you are with others, and the profile page feels like the perfect place to do this (although it goes without saying that none of this should be mandatory).

3 Comments
JeffS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Comments Requested

Good idea @jamielaird :)

I'm changing the status of this to "Comments Requested" to see if others would be interested in this sort of thing as well. It is definitely doable - the thing that takes some time is allowing proper controls to allow users to pick and choose what they would like to share, as not everyone wants to share everything. Good idea though!

KostjaPwC
6 - Meteoroid

Comments requested? Ask and you shall receive!

One of the things that I would hate to see happen is that you open a profile and its all empty, but there is slots where information goes in. Right now is fine for me. Feels like we are on the same level and it doesn't really matter where someone works or what his name is.

All the best,

Konstantin

TreyW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

@jamielaird  @KostjaPwC  

In a series of profile improvements we're doing over the next year, we've released the first phase. You can now enter the following in your Personal Settings and Social Media Settings, and update anything you'd like to be publicly available. With this release, the following items will now show up on your profile if they are filled out: 

Title

LinkedIn

Facebook

Instagram

Podcast

Be sure to watch the release notes for the formal announcement this week + be notified of additional profile improvements as they are released. Thanks for sharing your idea!