Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

N - Dimensional Join

jai_patel_02
6 - Meteoroid

Hello!! everyone 

Can someone explain me this error ?? 

jai_patel_02_0-1657805581445.png

2 REPLIES 2
DataNath
17 - Castor

@jai_patel_02 this can happen when you are joining without a condition, or on something that isn't unique (I'd imagine the values in your [Name] field aren't), which causes a Cartesian join and basically 'blows up' your data. Unless you have a specific use-case where you know you want a Cartesian join, these are usually performed by mistake and Alteryx's default way of handling these is to error and stop the workflow. You can override this and make Alteryx continue/warn you but still continue by changing the configuration under the 'Cartesian Joins:' dropdown in the Join Multiple tool. If you don't mean to do this then I'd recommend trying to join your data sources on something like a UniqueID if possible.

More info on this issue specifically for Alteryx: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/N-Dimensional-Join-Errors/ta-p/3493...

jai_patel_02
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks!! The output I'm getting is not accurate, do you think it's because of that. ofcouse there's some missing data present. but output I should get is null. 

Labels