Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

N - Dimensional Join

jai_patel_02
6 - Meteoroid

Hello!! everyone 

Can someone explain me this error ?? 

jai_patel_02_0-1657805581445.png

2 REPLIES 2
DataNath
17 - Castor

@jai_patel_02 this can happen when you are joining without a condition, or on something that isn't unique (I'd imagine the values in your [Name] field aren't), which causes a Cartesian join and basically 'blows up' your data. Unless you have a specific use-case where you know you want a Cartesian join, these are usually performed by mistake and Alteryx's default way of handling these is to error and stop the workflow. You can override this and make Alteryx continue/warn you but still continue by changing the configuration under the 'Cartesian Joins:' dropdown in the Join Multiple tool. If you don't mean to do this then I'd recommend trying to join your data sources on something like a UniqueID if possible.

More info on this issue specifically for Alteryx: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/N-Dimensional-Join-Errors/ta-p/3493...

jai_patel_02
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks!! The output I'm getting is not accurate, do you think it's because of that. ofcouse there's some missing data present. but output I should get is null. 

Labels