Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

survival analysis -grouping

razzy
8 - Asteroid

Hi all, 

Can anyone help, i am using the survival analysis tool to run a data set for the kaplan Meier curve on the configuration when  i do not use the grouping the out put run but when i goup by F_Diag it gives an error 

Error: Survival Analysis (57): Tool #231: Error in xy.coords(x, y, xlabel, ylabel, log) :
Error: Survival Analysis (57): Tool #231: Execution halted
Error: Survival Analysis (57): Tool #263: Tool #6: No valid fields were selected.
Error: Survival Analysis (57): Tool #231: The R.exe exit code (1) indicated an error.

I have tried changing the data type but it still give me the same error, attached is the data set ,

Configuration window

i am running on the Input option TIME OF FOLLOWING as the duration variable , data right-censored and the dropdown is rrcen

on the Analysis Option  -choose field to groupby -----F_DIAG

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Attached is the dataset.

1 REPLY 1
DSinnett
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I hope you have made some progress on this issue.  However, the 'Choose field to group by' option for the Kaplan-Meier Estimate does not work unless the field you have chosen to group by is the FIRST field in your dataset.  So, putting a Select tool before the Survival tool, and moving the 'group by' field to the top of the list solved it for me.  I hope this is helpful to you, too.

Labels