Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

negative amounts shows as positive?

Laurami
6 - Meteoroid

Hello all,

i'm doing the reconcilation flow and  came up with some issue.

in the report I am receiving each day the amount shows as positive (Amount #3 0.24), but it is actually negative, screen bellow:

Laurami_0-1632998638229.png

Alteryx is also seeing number 0.24 as positive, is it a way for alteryx to see it as negative amount? as it is impossible to get the report changed.

4 REPLIES 4
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Laurami 

The file seems to work for me.

atcodedog05_0-1633000798614.png

Hope this helps : )

Laurami
6 - Meteoroid

hello, thanks for the help, added the original report, maybe copying the numbers to a different excel changed something and it works good.

as the attached file is not showing the correct amounts.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Laurami 

You are right facing the same issue. I Will let you know if I find a solution.

DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

hi @Laurami 

The issue is not with Alteryx. The issue is with the Excel formatting. Whoever generate the report has forced a customised format to the Excel file (see below), which actually forgot to take care of negative values 🤣...

Alteryx reads what's output in Excel after the Excel-native internal formatting. Hence, the solution is to tell the upstream data owner to correct the formatting before sending to you. If that is not possible... you can select all the data and set them to "General", then things will work.

Dawn.

ExcelFormat.PNG

Labels