Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Running workflow with excel binary output file

Rdata
5 - Atom

Hi I have a workflow that has two parts (adding fields/columns and pivot) that output to one excel file (two tabs). However, I have no issues when I output to an excel file (non-binary) format but when I tried to output the same workflow to a binary format, I get errors and I don't see an output option of "Overwrite Sheet or Range". All I see is "Overwrite File (Remove)" option. If I select this option, only one of tabs are showing in the output file. I tried to change up different output options but It seems that I get errors every time. Examples are errors saying it couldn't create a new tab (with "Create New Sheet" option) or no existing sheet (with "Append to Existing Sheet" option) etc.

Can you please help me understand this issue? Anyone? 

Thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2
DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Rdata 

Have you checked to make sure that 1) you have selected a tab and 2) Set the option to Delete data and append?

test XLSB.PNG

mili_joshi_
5 - Atom

On a somewhat different but related note, the 'Delete Data and Append' is creating new sheets instead of overwriting existing. Can this be changed to overwrite on existing sheet?

Labels