Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Running workflow with excel binary output file

Rdata
5 - Atom

Hi I have a workflow that has two parts (adding fields/columns and pivot) that output to one excel file (two tabs). However, I have no issues when I output to an excel file (non-binary) format but when I tried to output the same workflow to a binary format, I get errors and I don't see an output option of "Overwrite Sheet or Range". All I see is "Overwrite File (Remove)" option. If I select this option, only one of tabs are showing in the output file. I tried to change up different output options but It seems that I get errors every time. Examples are errors saying it couldn't create a new tab (with "Create New Sheet" option) or no existing sheet (with "Append to Existing Sheet" option) etc.

Can you please help me understand this issue? Anyone? 

Thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2
DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Rdata 

Have you checked to make sure that 1) you have selected a tab and 2) Set the option to Delete data and append?

test XLSB.PNG

mili_joshi_
5 - Atom

On a somewhat different but related note, the 'Delete Data and Append' is creating new sheets instead of overwriting existing. Can this be changed to overwrite on existing sheet?

Labels