General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Multiple Errors When Trying to Validate and Execute Workflow from Analytics Hub

NathanOch
8 - Asteroid

I have encountered a couple important error messages on Analytics Hub.

1) I am trying to set up a workflow in our Analytics Hub environment that pulls data from multiple sources, one of them being the Salesforce connector tool. However, when I go to validate the workflow fails with the the following message:

Error: Unable to resolve Python 'SalesforceInput_v4.1.0\main.py'

I have a hunch we need this .YXI tool on the server, but I'm not sure how our server admin would do this step.

The next error pertains to simply trying to write an Excel file to a folder location:

Cannot access the folder...

I assume the server needs read/write permission to the location for this step to work?

We are currently on Designer version 2020.2.3.27789 if that matters.

Thank you!

8 REPLIES 8
BryceL
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @NathanOch,

1. You are correct that the YXI will need to be installed on Analytics Hub. Instructions can be found here. One note about the Salesforce Input tool - you will need to use a previous version of the tool for it to execute successfully on Hub. More info in Sabrina's response in this post.

2. The account that is executing the Engine service will need access to the network shared folder to successfully write an output there. In version 2020.2, permissions should be provided to the account running the Alteryx Engine Worker service on the Hub machine. By default, this is the Local System account on that machine. In version 2020.4, this can be changed with the Run As setting at time of execution and the default account can be changed in platform settings by a platform admin. Also, in 2020.4, the output location is set at run time in the Run or Schedule dialog with the 'Output Location' setting.

Thanks,

Bryce

NathanOch
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for the response Bryce! So, it sounds like there is a bug with the current non-deprecated version of the Salesforce connector when it is executed from Hub?

Thanks for the advice, I will see what I can do.

BryceL
Alteryx
Alteryx

Correct, support for Salesforce Input v4+ is a known limitation that we are working to resolve.

Best of luck!

NathanOch
8 - Asteroid

Just out of curiosity, does the SOQL functionality exist in the deprecated SF connecter? I haven't been able to identify where it is possible, but I want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Thank you! 

NathanOch
8 - Asteroid

Our Analytics Hub IT admin just tried to install the YXI installer for SF and he received the following error:

'Error: Missing argument "YXIS..."

We don't quite know what that means as it doesn't give us anymore information. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

@NathanOch this is intended to be used via command line - here's some documentation that should help your admin: Hub - Additional Installers

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
NathanOch
8 - Asteroid

Hello @BryceL ,

Thanks again for reaching out! We have upgraded our Hub software to 2020.4. I am wondering how I get my user profile into the 'Run As' picklist. Good news is I see the new functionality, but it currently does not show up as an option. Is there some setting I need to change?

Thank you

BryceL
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @NathanOch,

You will need to create a Run As Identity or have one shared with you. You can do this on the site with the workflow you are looking to run by selecting 'Credentials' from the navigation bar and selecting the 'Add' button. You will need to specify a credential to use in the Run As Identity, so you will need to create that first if it does not already exist.

Thanks,

Bryce

Labels