Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Moving tools from debug to Analytic app and keeping configuration

heatherreid70
7 - Meteor

Hello!

I'm working on an analytic app but to be able to tweak certain sections, I need to run it in debug so that there's data and columns, etc for the tools to see.  However, when I try to transfer the tools back to the app, sometimes they keep their configurations and sometimes they don't.

Is there a way to copy the tools and tell it to "lock" the configuration" so that when I incorporate it into the app it keeps it's settings?

The workflow is very complicated and to take the debug version and turn it into an app would take forever.

I think I must me missing something.

Thank you in advance!

Heather

2 REPLIES 2
terry10
11 - Bolide

Hi Heather,

I don't know that there is an easy answer; the behavior may depend on the version and the tools being used. See Patrick Digan's old post on copy&paste tool configurations.  https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Let-tools-group-by-selections-persist-when-c...  

@patrick_digan Has there been any update on your idea? If not, any good workarounds?

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@terry10 @heatherreid70  I don't know of any workarounds for tools losing their config. It may not be possible in your case, but I try to avoid action tools and debug at all costs. I use reference shortcuts to pass data as much as possible. That allows you to run it normal (control+r) while passing test data. For your complicated workflow it may not help at all, but for the future projects it may be a good path.

Labels