Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Moving tools from debug to Analytic app and keeping configuration

heatherreid70
7 - Meteor

Hello!

I'm working on an analytic app but to be able to tweak certain sections, I need to run it in debug so that there's data and columns, etc for the tools to see.  However, when I try to transfer the tools back to the app, sometimes they keep their configurations and sometimes they don't.

Is there a way to copy the tools and tell it to "lock" the configuration" so that when I incorporate it into the app it keeps it's settings?

The workflow is very complicated and to take the debug version and turn it into an app would take forever.

I think I must me missing something.

Thank you in advance!

Heather

2 REPLIES 2
terry10
11 - Bolide

Hi Heather,

I don't know that there is an easy answer; the behavior may depend on the version and the tools being used. See Patrick Digan's old post on copy&paste tool configurations.  https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Let-tools-group-by-selections-persist-when-c...  

@patrick_digan Has there been any update on your idea? If not, any good workarounds?

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@terry10 @heatherreid70  I don't know of any workarounds for tools losing their config. It may not be possible in your case, but I try to avoid action tools and debug at all costs. I use reference shortcuts to pass data as much as possible. That allows you to run it normal (control+r) while passing test data. For your complicated workflow it may not help at all, but for the future projects it may be a good path.

Labels