General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

Jobs on Analytics Hub Stuck in Queue

NathanOch
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

We recently upgraded to 2020.4 and it seems when a workflow is uploaded to the server and ran, the job is stuck in 'Queued' and it never runs. We are currently working on trying to get files to write to folder locations from Hub as well. Could our changes have had an adverse affect on the ability for Hub to run jobs? Or did we miss a setting within the new 2020.4 version?

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi Nathan, I'd take a guess that this could be to do with your settings and cutlass files being overwritten with the upgrade.

I'd suggest trying to open them in a notepad editor and making sure that the hostnames are correct.

More info in these two posts:

https://help.alteryx.com/current/alteryx-analytics-hub/upgrade-analytics-hub

https://help.alteryx.com/current/alteryx-analytics-hub/configure-tls-ssl

Joe Lipski
NathanOch
8 - Asteroid

We confirmed it has the correct server name in the files, but it isn't the fully qualified domain name. Would that matter?

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

If the two files look the same as they did pre-upgrade, then maybe this isn't the issue as I'm guessing they would have been overwritten to Localhost or something more generic.

Sorry that didn't help, it was something that I remembered caused me a few issues on my initial install a few months ago, but I haven't upgraded yet.

I'll look through some more notes that I have and let you know if there's anything else to look at, but I'd suggest contacting support if you haven't already.

Joe Lipski
Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Another thing to check is that your engine worker is 'Alive' in Platform Admin > Engine Workers > Worker Status

Joe Lipski
NathanOch
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @Joe_Lipski , due to your suggestions we found out that our Carbon Black firewall was preventing the engine from running. The platform admin was not running. We had to specifically white list that location for the jobs to run again.

Labels