Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Is there any recommendation on how to apply SDLC with AAH?

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi Community,

I was diving into AAH's documentation and I could not find any utility to set up lower environments and migrate assets from one environment to another.

I thought if we could use Sites to do that, but it seems they are logically separated and I don't seem to find a good way to move assets from one site to another as well.

Is there anything in the current build that would facilitate this process? Or at least, is this in the roadmap?

Thank you,

1 REPLY 1
TrevorH
Alteryx
Alteryx

Great question!  As of today, Analytics Hub does not support the direct sharing of content across sites, however we may provide configurable controls to enable that type of sharing sometime in the future.

If you do use sites to separate your production content from other content, one mechanism you can use to promote work across sites it to open the workflow from Site 1 using Designer, then save that same workflow to Site 2. The user performing that action will of course require the necessary access and permissions to both sites.

Another option to consider is using workspaces or folders within a site as a means to separate production content from other content, since both of those constructs also allow you to limit who can see and access specific content.

Thanks!

Labels