Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Is AAH really Server Next?

wwatson
12 - Quasar

Is AAH meant to replace Server going forward or am I misunderstanding the discussions so far?

13 REPLIES 13
asmith
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @wwatson!

Thanks for reaching out on Community!

Going forward, AAH is meant to take over the platform space of Alteryx. Giving advanced feature sets that current Server does not offer, it's also worth noting that AAH currently does not have full parity with Server. At this time and for the coming years, AAH and Server will both be available for purchase, each having their own place in the market.

Thanks!

-Austin

Austin Smith
Technical Product Manager
Alteryx, Inc.

chriswilliams41
10 - Fireball
10 - Fireball

Hi Austin, 

This is interesting for me because I just assumed that AAH would be replacing Server. I guess one of the things that I am struggling with is AAH when you would position Server over AAH and vice versa. Off the cuff, I would still promote Server now while AAH continues to mature. What are your thoughts?

Thanks,

Chris

asmith
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @chriswilliams41 

Currently, Analytics Hub is a great fit for organizations without Server and starting on their journey with Alteryx. It is our platform for innovation going forward, and we are very excited for the improvements planned in upcoming releases. We are working hard to bring many of the favorite features from Server while integrating new functionality from Connect and incorporating feedback from current customers. For specifics on positioning and additional enablement documents, please visit the partner portal or reach out to partner enablement resources.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you would like to provide your feedback or have suggestions for improvements.

Thanks!

Austin

Austin Smith
Technical Product Manager
Alteryx, Inc.

atuldamani
5 - Atom

"

Effective today, April 6th, 2021, Alteryx is announcing the end-of-sale for Alteryx Analytics Hub. This decision enables the Alteryx R&D team to focus on enhancing our flagship products, Alteryx Designer and Alteryx Server, as well as cloud-first delivery models.  "

Highly frustrating to see a new change in direction. AAH is no longer being sold and the focus is back on server. We just deployed AAH with no real warning around this. Now we have to back and navigate not only the technical bit but revisit all the extra entitlements. 

KOBoyle
11 - Bolide

@asmith Given your comment on 7/9/2020 that AAH has "advanced feature sets that current Server does not offer", then today's announcement that AAH will stop being sold is quite surprising and sudden. Does Alteryx have an explanation?

Thanks,

-Ken

cyearsley
5 - Atom

It's not just that there was "no real warning" - We were told the exact opposite was going to happen, that AAH was going to replace Server. Our sales team talked us out of purchasing Server for that very reason. Now we're mid-implementation on a product that's end-of-life.

AlexBibin
8 - Asteroid

I can only imagine how frustrating it is 😬

JHendu
Alteryx
Alteryx

Thanks for the question Ken. Over the past few months, we’ve been evaluating our development investments and doing some thoughtful strategy work to chart the best course to advance the capabilities we provide to our customers.

Your right to call out that AAH does have some features that do not exist in Server.  That being said, we’ve been splitting our development investment across the two products - not giving either the attention it deserves.  In parallel, many of our customers looking to move their data and consumption to cloud-first delivery models.  So, instead of continuing to invest in two on-premises server products, we determined that customers would benefit most if we could focus our development on Server and on a cloud platform.

I assure you that this decision was not taken lightly and was only taken after carefully identifying this as the best outcome. For those customers currently using AAH or deploying AAH, we are committed to continue to support the product, and would love the opportunity to discuss the options for moving forward with our products.  Please reach out to me or your account team and we can discuss further.

Thanks,

Jay

Jay Henderson

Vice President of Product Management

Alteryx

jacobmhowell
5 - Atom

Agreed. We also just deployed AAH and are very disappointed by the sudden shift in direction by Alteryx.

Labels