Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

Error: Failed to retrieve asset..

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hello everyone!

a colleague and I have been trying to set up AAH for an evaluation, but struggle to get workflows running. No matter if we schedule a workflow or try to run it, we always get "Failed to retrieve asset XXXX" errors. We also noticed that the validation during the upload fails with the exact same error message.

We have done a standard installation with no special changes. So far we have checked:

- Worker is alive (checked on Windows and AAH site)

- Workflow is correctly uploaded 

- No assets are in the workflow

- All licenses: Designer License, AAH user License, Worker License, Hub License - all work

- Log files: We checked all log files we could find, but we do not get any additional information 

- Permissions: The User that starts the workflow has full admin privileges

- Different (minimal) workflows. 

Thanks in advance! 

Best

Alex

4 REPLIES 4
BryceL
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Alex,

It sounds like there may be an issue passing the workflow to engine. I will reach out over email with a request for some of your logs to assist us with troubleshooting.

Appreciate all the areas you have checked already and thanks for reaching out!

Thanks,

Bryce

seinchyiwoo
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi,

This error is caused by a known issue - "Microsoft .NET Framework" https://help.alteryx.com/release-notes/alteryx-analytics-hub/analytics-hub-20202-release-notes

Try the workaround highlighted in bold below and see if it resolves your issue?

Microsoft .NET Framework places extracted files for the runtime of the Alteryx Engine Worker in folder C:\Windows\Temp\.net\CutlassApi\. Disk cleanup utilities or antivirus programs could delete these files causing Alteryx workflow executions to fail. If this occurs, delete the C:\Windows\Temp\.net\CutlassApi\ directory and restart the AlteryxEngineWorker service.

A workaround to prevent this problem is to set the Windows Environment variable DOTNET_BUNDLE_EXTRACT_BASE_DIR to the Analytics Hub installation folder (for example, C:\Program Files\Alteryx\Extracted_Runtime_Files\). After setting the environment variable, restart the AlteryxEngineWorker service for the setting to take effect. In a multi-node environment, make this change on all Analytics Hub machines.

Best,

Seinchyi

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @seinchyiwoo,

Thanks! This worked!

I am pretty sure other people will also stumble across this issue. I would recommend to add the error code 'Failed to retrieve asset' to the release notes you posted, because we didn't find it when we googled the issue.

To be honest: I am quite surprised this note is on the 'release note' and not in the documentation. We followed the Hub Installation Guide and there was no note that this issue might occur. I think you should also add this to the installation guide.

The community posts will probably also pop up when other people google this, but it would be better if we also have it in the official documents. I am sure other people will face this, because we installed the Hub on a clean EC2 from Amazon with basic configurations.

Thanks again for your help.

Best

Alex

seinchyiwoo
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @grossal,

Great feedback! I've forwarded your feedback to internal documentation team.

With the issue recently added to the 2020.2 release notes, it will also show up as the first search result if anyone who bumped into "alteryx analytics hub failed to retrieve asset".

Best,

Seinchyi

Labels