Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Data Mapping

SouravAudi
5 - Atom

Hi,

I have some fixed Columns in Excel and the columns will remain same but i need to change the data source each time. How I can upload my Column names present in the excel in Alteryx and map the columns with the data source and continue the same same workflow.

4 REPLIES 4
Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @SouravAudi

Here are a few potential options for you:

If you can share files or screenshots, I can try to point you to a recommended approach.

Thanks,

Joe

Joe Lipski
SouravAudi
5 - Atom

Thanks for your Answer.

Let me give You an Example: 

I am doing a sales calculation I have prepared a excel format with Columns 'Product Id', 'Product Name', 'Unit_price' , 'unit ordered' and it has no values just column names.

Now when I have connect my Alteryx designer with Oracle database, I have coulmn names such as 'P_ID','P_name', 'U_P', and 'Unit_O' .

So I need to map the Columns that i have prepared in excel with the columns in the oracle.

And also if I connect to any other data source how can I  map with the columns that i have created in excel with the new data source.

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

I think you would want to use a union tool with both inputs going into it and auto-configure by position or manually configure.

Apologies I'm not at my laptop right now, so cannot share an example.

Joe Lipski
Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @SouravAudi 

Here's an example attached - You will just need to replace the text inputs with your real inputs.

Please let me know if this helps.

Joe Lipski
Labels