Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Can't connect to hub through designer - SSL issue?

CameronSteele
6 - Meteoroid

I'm setting up a test environment for hub on an Azure hosted VM.

I've got it installed and running, created a self signed certificate that's installed on both the server and my local machine.

Logging in through the browser works fine and I don't get the security messages I would expect to get if the certificate wasn't installed on my local machine.  However, designer doesn't want to connect to hub at all. It just says "Could not connect to Analytics Hub" each time.  I've tried the root site and specific sites.

Are there any special steps to get designer to use the self signed certificate I may have missed?  Anything else to check?

11 REPLIES 11
BryceL
Alteryx
Alteryx

I will have the team look into support for IP address in addition to URL for Designer connection as it sounds like that may be the culprit. Please let me know if you still run into issues once you have a real URL and cert.

CameronSteele
6 - Meteoroid

Closing the loop on this.  Setting up a URL redirect to the server IP address and using a CA provided SSL cert resolved the issue.

Labels