Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alter.Nation

Community news, customer stories, and more!
MeganDibble
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

If you are new to Alteryx, you might not have heard yet—we have an awesome yearly conference called Inspire! This year it’s May 22-25 in Las Vegas, Nevada.

But if you’re just starting out in your Alteryx journey, why should you attend? Keep reading to hear insights from our Alteryx ACEs about the value of the Inspire conference.

MeganDibble_0-1680709797812.png

Training

The training catalog for Inspire is live! Take a look at the sessions here—you can filter by Alteryx product, capability, and level. There are 17 sessions for the beginner level, so there are lots of opportunities to jump-start your learning. These sessions take place on Monday and Tuesday of the conference:

Screen Shot 2023-04-05 at 10.04.34 AM.png

@MarqueeCrew said, “Take the training, attend mind-blowing keynotes, and see how folks have tackled challenges with Alteryx and boosted their careers.” And @mbarone advised, “Take the trainings—you'll learn a lot."

Learning to See

As @MarqueeCrew brought up, Inspire is all about “exploring the possibilities.” Sometimes, you don’t know what’s possible with Alteryx until you see it in action.

@SeanAdams had some great insight here: “As we progress on our mastery journey in analytics, we often miss opportunities because we didn't see these as being something we could apply our skills to. For example—no matter how skilled you are in Alteryx—did you ever think that you could use Alteryx to do the following

• Look across ALL the Alteryx workflows in your firm to see who is connecting to which databases to understand the overall need of your Alteryx users (analytics on analytics)
  • Create test cases for your project teams by looking at historical data; and including other values which are infrequent (accelerate software delivery)
  • Create "case" files for a team that investigates client service issues with an analytical app so that instead of your client service team having to look in 10 different systems for the problem, you can give them a simple form with an input box to select the client and account.

Inspire exposes me to dozens of ways that I can use my skills and tools that I'd never thought of before, which allows me to add more value to the org, solve a broader array of business problems, and find more opportunities by learning to see new problem domains that we can tackle.”

Networking

As @mbarone put it, “Meet others getting down and dirty with data just like you—share war stories, toast to battles won, and network, network, network—the best way to advance yourself both personally and professionally.”

Attending Inspire will allow you to meet other professionals using Alteryx like yourself. @AbhilashR said, “If someone is new to Alteryx, Inspire is a great place to meet fellow practitioners, gives them an opportunity to interact with names they must have seen on the community, and a chance to meet some experts to get a first-hand experience and understanding of how they break down problems using Alteryx."

Networking can lead to new and exciting opportunities! Here’s what @SeanAdams had to say:  “Given you're surrounded by other people from other companies that all need and value your skills–what a great place & time to meet folks who could (and in many cases do) become your co-workers. Growing your network across other companies is always a great habit—even if it does not lead to your next job, it does give you peers and colleagues in other contexts who can help you see problems and challenges in different ways."

Next Steps

Inspire has a lot to offer attendees at all levels—be on the lookout for follow-up articles on the blog for intermediate and advanced users. You can register to attend, as well as check out the agenda, sessions, and FAQs here.

We hope to see you there. If you are already signed up, let us know what you are looking forward to in the comments!

Source: GIPHY

Megan Dibble
Sr. Content Manager

Hi, I'm Megan! I am a Sr. Content Manager at Alteryx. I work to make sure our blogs and podcast have high quality, helpful, and engaging content. As a data analyst turned writer, I am passionate about making analytics & data science accessible (and fun) for all. If there is content that you think the community is missing, feel free to message me--I would love to hear about it.

Hi, I'm Megan! I am a Sr. Content Manager at Alteryx. I work to make sure our blogs and podcast have high quality, helpful, and engaging content. As a data analyst turned writer, I am passionate about making analytics & data science accessible (and fun) for all. If there is content that you think the community is missing, feel free to message me--I would love to hear about it.

Comments