Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alter.Nation

Community news, customer stories, and more!
MeganDibble
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

We are starting a new spotlight series this week--user group leaders! From now on, we will be alternating every Wednesday between spotlighting an ACE and spotlighting a UGL.

UGLs (1).png

Today’s user group leader spotlight is @megnisbet. Keep reading to learn more about Megan and her experience with user groups!

Tell us a bit about your professional background.

As a Director at PwC New Zealand focusing on finance transformation, I work with our clients to understand their current data sources, systems, and processes and identify areas for improvement through process changes and technology enablement. I focus on citizen-led transformation, building solutions our clients can confidently own and maintain themselves going forward.

One of the citizen-led automation tools in our toolkit is Alteryx, which I am Core Certified in. I am proud to lead the PwC NZ Alteryx Alliance, working closely with the Alteryx APAC team to help New Zealand realize the benefits of automating those manual, time-consuming processes that finance and other teams suffer through when they could be refocused on more value-added activities. I am also one of the NZ Alteryx User Group Leaders, helping connect the NZ Alteryx Community through quarterly user group meetings.

Internally at PwC, I have the joy of leading our PwC Reimagine Digital Program, which centers around our three pillars of Learn, Work, and Share. We are upskilling our entire firm on data and analytics tools that will enable us to work smarter and deliver better outcomes for our clients.

We have an ambitious goal at PwC of upskilling the world and ensuring we are all fit for the future, and I am passionate about making that goal a reality.

MeganN-AYX-2022-9240[58].jpg

What is one fun thing about you that community members might not know?

I've run two full marathons - Boston and Disney World.

What is your favorite Alteryx feature? 

This will seem silly, but the options available when you right-click on a tool. Particularly view possible connections and because I love a tidy workflow - align tools.

Why did you become a user group leader (UGL)? 

I became a user group leader when the idea was floated by Blake, from Alteryx, to give the New Zealand user group a reboot. I’d already met heaps of people using Alteryx through PwC and client work, so knew the interest and passion were there, it just needed a few keen people to stand it up. We picked a pretty awful time to kick off with Covid and lockdowns making connecting in person challenging, but we’ve managed to jump all of the hurdles and I’m really proud of what we’ve accomplished the last two years.

What is the easiest and the hardest part of being a UGL? 

Easiest - the people! We have awesome user group leaders across a few companies as well as a great turnout for our meetings. Always fun to get together with our community.

Hardest - finding new presenters to share what they've been working on! We are always looking for new faces and shares.

What was your best experience during a UG Meeting (professional networking, personal development, career evolution, etc...)? 

The user groups are a great way to keep in touch with former colleagues and clients to see what they've been up to. In my role at PwC, we help clients get started on their journeys, but our goal is to set them up to be self-sufficient (which is easy with Alteryx!) so they don't need us forever. User groups are like a mini-reunion :)

Do you prefer Virtual UGs or in-person UGs? And why?

Definitely in person! It's hard to replicate the energy in the room or the pizza and beers after a user group meeting :)

If you were an Alteryx Tool, which one would you be?

The unique tool :)

Megan Dibble
Sr. Content Manager

Hi, I'm Megan! I am a Sr. Content Manager at Alteryx. I work to make sure our blogs and podcast have high quality, helpful, and engaging content. As a data analyst turned writer, I am passionate about making analytics & data science accessible (and fun) for all. If there is content that you think the community is missing, feel free to message me--I would love to hear about it.

Hi, I'm Megan! I am a Sr. Content Manager at Alteryx. I work to make sure our blogs and podcast have high quality, helpful, and engaging content. As a data analyst turned writer, I am passionate about making analytics & data science accessible (and fun) for all. If there is content that you think the community is missing, feel free to message me--I would love to hear about it.

Comments