Alter.Nation

Community news, customer stories, and more!
MeganDibble
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

UGLs (11).png

Today’s user group leader spotlight is @dhavaldoshi. Keep reading to learn more about Dhaval and his experience with user groups!

Tell us a bit about your professional background.

I lead the Data Analytics and Operational Strategy for Prime Brokerage Operations in Mumbai at JP Morgan Chase. I have been in Business Intelligence for six years now, working across industries of Investment Banking (Goldman Sachs), Asset and Wealth Management, sales and marketing analytics in FMCG (Procter & Gamble), and Facility Management  (JLL)

What is one fun thing about you that community members might not know?

I created my first Alteryx workflow on a mobile phone while working remotely in the absence of a laptop, which helped bring the efficiency of half a day by automating repetitive manual work.

But one really fun thing is that I assisted my friend on a cycling trip from the top of Ladakh to Kanyakumari, which was a 28-day ride across the vertical length of India.

What is your favorite Alteryx feature? 

I like the ability to make Analytic Apps - which enables the solutions created in Alteryx to be branded more as self-serve products rather than an automation engine (which is how people often refer to it).

Why did you become a user group leader (UGL)? 

I was quite connected with the AFG Chapter in Bengaluru, and I have always enjoyed the Alteryx community, in fact, I met the love of my life through the datafam community, and now she shares my love for the tool – it’s healthy competition at home. However, more than just the people culture, what drives me and motivated me the most was the opportunity Alteryx creates through SparkED, creating an employable youth. I keep myself invested in advocating for Alteryx to be introduced to students early on in college, as the last Grand Prix winner was my co-challenger in Grand Prix and a student!

MeganDibble_1-1671740095340.jpeg

What is the easiest and the hardest part of being a UGL? 

Easiest – Advocating Alteryx to brands and teams with an acclaimed title like that really helps.
Hardest – Driving community engagement in person; virtual community is strong. However, in-person conferences and audience gatherings have been difficult in Mumbai, India.

Tell us a funny story that happened during a UG Meeting.   

This was my first UG meeting where I came wearing formal wear, hoping the session would be more professional, and some of the folks at the venue thought I was a senior leader with Alteryx for quite some time. I enjoyed the prank for a while before rushing back home to change into my casual wear. :)

What was your best experience during a UG Meeting (professional networking, personal development, career evolution, etc...)? 

I remember where we chose having a UG meeting mixed up with an AFG event – where we went and helped worked towards for a positive health for kids who suffered with HIV by birth, it was a humbling experience to say the least. It helped me understand how we can give back to the society in ways beyond our normal comprehension. It has helped me shape to be a better person and I can’t thank enough for such an opportunity.

Apart from this in that session, I also got a chance to spend time with Mark Frisch, the legend himself and if you can spot in the picture below, you can spot 4 Alteryx Aces in one which is rather unlikely to happen outside an Inspire 😊

MeganDibble_2-1671740095678.jpeg

And definitely, personal development - While I would say networking helps, there are ways we can learn of how other firms are improving and growing using Alteryx, which definitely helped me upskill.

Do you prefer Virtual UGs or in-person UGs? And why?

In-Person UG: We have a lot we can establish meeting in person: bounce ideas, discuss governance, create avenue for professional networking, etc. And all geeks can meet - what's better than that!

Picture1.jpg

If you were an Alteryx Tool, which one would you be?

Action Tool - been my answer for 4 years now. And here's me with the infamous Alteryx Number plate!

MeganDibble_4-1671740095743.jpeg

Tune in next week for another spotlight article!

Megan Dibble
Sr. Content Manager

Hi, I'm Megan! I am a Sr. Content Manager at Alteryx. I work to make sure our blogs and podcast have high quality, helpful, and engaging content. As a data analyst turned writer, I am passionate about making analytics & data science accessible (and fun) for all. If there is content that you think the community is missing, feel free to message me--I would love to hear about it.

Hi, I'm Megan! I am a Sr. Content Manager at Alteryx. I work to make sure our blogs and podcast have high quality, helpful, and engaging content. As a data analyst turned writer, I am passionate about making analytics & data science accessible (and fun) for all. If there is content that you think the community is missing, feel free to message me--I would love to hear about it.

Comments
ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @dhavaldoshi

Good to know more information about you.

Yes like you, I do prefer In-Person UG.

Advance Happy new year!!!

dhavaldoshi
8 - Asteroid

Thanks a lot for this feature @MeganDibble - going to treasure it :)